SQ Arrival Service

Old Feb 28, 20, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX GR, SQ TPPS, Hyatt Globalist
SQ Arrival Service

Upon disembarking SQ305 this week, one of the cabin crew pointed to an SQ agent standing with my printed name on a signboard. The agent greeted me and asked if I required any assistance. I fly between SIN and LHR fairly frequently and this was a first for me. There were no other signboards.

As I was happy to walk I declined assistance...but was left curious as to what would be available.

​​​​​​Is this new or are they trying to be especially service oriented during these times? Or is it just random?
Old Feb 29, 20, 2:28 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Clearly cabin crew have either decided you are old & frail, an alcoholic or morbidly unfit. I guess you won't know what's on offer till you enquire further. Next time, ask for a glass of "arrivals champagne" or helicopter ride to your destination :-P
davidj1, Alawyer and bpk6h like this.
Old Feb 29, 20, 7:27 am

Programs: SQ QPPS, QR Burgundy, AF Ivory
Originally Posted by onlySIA View Post
Clearly cabin crew have either decided you are old & frail, an alcoholic or morbidly unfit. I guess you won't know what's on offer till you enquire further. Next time, ask for a glass of "arrivals champagne" or helicopter ride to your destination :-P
Did I miss anything here? Because this sounds rather uncalled for.
Old Feb 29, 20, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cowie View Post
Its quite ok! I'm always up for a little humour... fortunately, I don't fit into any of those categories . I'll see if the crew knows anything about it on the return leg.
sl00001 and Alawyer like this.
Old Feb 29, 20, 10:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
It's a question of gradient, my first instinct too was that pax had a good many drinks
Old Mar 2, 20, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Unionruler View Post
It's a question of gradient, my first instinct too was that pax had a good many drinks
I asked at the LHR lounge...the agent said it's just an added service for select passengers. But if everyone thinks drinking more is the key to getting this service regularly I'll happily comply .
Unionruler, billgris and onlySIA like this.
Old Mar 4, 20, 5:10 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Just my cynical interpretation of why SQ would intervene to offer extra services, with a little dark humour thrown in.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: