Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Upgrade Awards (SAUA) - What Fare Bucket Needed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*

I am looking to fly from HKG-DUB and there are some pretty good PE prices from SQ available. Routing would be HKG-SIN-xyz-DUB, where xyz can be anything from ZRH/FRA/MUC/CPH and probably more.

I will be using ConnectMiles miles to upgrade the P fare into business. As usual, Copa are next to no help with this, so I turn to FT. What fare bucket is needed to be available (>0) so that the upgrade will go through? Obviously I will be targeting a flight that has availability before booking it, rather than playing roulette and hoping there is availability
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:34 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Upgrades and awards book into the same fare bucket, which is I.

Partner I availability on SQ long-haul flights is extremely rare. There are programmes with with greater access but Copa is not one of them.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Upgrades and awards book into the same fare bucket, which is I.
I was hoping it wasn't "I", oh well. At least I can track that bucket. Thanks for info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.