Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Business class headphone quality? (777-300ER)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:42 am
Original Poster

How are the business class headphones you get on the 777-300ER? Are they significantly worse than a good major brand of noise cancelling headphone, or are they perfectly fine?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
How are the business class headphones you get on the 777-300ER? Are they significantly worse than a good major brand of noise cancelling headphone, or are they perfectly fine?
They’re fine. I have never had an issue with them before.

I owned a pair of beats for years, yes branded headphones are better but the SQ ones are not significantly worse.....
Old Feb 21, 2020, 7:46 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Mlee888
They’re fine. I have never had an issue with them before.

I owned a pair of beats for years, yes branded headphones are better but the SQ ones are not significantly worse.....
Each to their own, I guess...

If you're comparing to beats, you're probably right that SQ provided headphones are fine. Personally, I'm a bit more fussy with sound, fit, and comfort, so I prefer to travel with my own pair of Sony WH-1000XM3. recently, I also got myself a Twelvesouth airfly pro, which means I can use my headphones wirelessly with the IFE and not worry about cables getting all tangled. for me, it's upped the convenience and comfort factor a lot
Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by sol95
Each to their own, I guess...

If you're comparing to beats, you're probably right that SQ provided headphones are fine. Personally, I'm a bit more fussy with sound, fit, and comfort, so I prefer to travel with my own pair of Sony WH-1000XM3. recently, I also got myself a Twelvesouth airfly pro, which means I can use my headphones wirelessly with the IFE and not worry about cables getting all tangled. for me, it's upped the convenience and comfort factor a lot
It’s always going to be each to their own.

Branded, especially those in the price range of your headphones are mostly going to be better quality than what majority of airlines provide.

I watch 2-3 movies max on long haul flights to Europe or to US so the headphones provided for
me are more than suffice.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:49 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
I don't have personal, quality noise cancelling headphones, but I find the SQ J ones perfectly adequate so I don't feel the need to splurge. Thank goodness - it would be yet another thing that needs batteries and that I would have to consider when going through airport security.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
They're fine, good enough comfort and noise cancelling for me..

My wife and I usd Sonys daily (she has the wh-1000xm3, but I dislike over-ears so I still use the wi-1000x neckband) for commuting, but we don't bother bringing them on trips (if flying J/F).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.