Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Defective IFE experience

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Defective IFE experience

Anyone with defective IFE experience with SQ? I was recently on a full flight from SIN-SYD, the gate agent informed me before boarding that the IFE on my assigned seat is spoilt and will not be workable for the flight. I was only offered a voucher for the inconvenience, not having entertainment for the entire flight. I asked about an upgrade but was declined even though there were seats still available in business class. Anyone else have similar experience but was offered a seat in other classes? I was in economy by the way.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:57 am

Programs: krisflyer
I got 150 dollars voucher last time my IFE broken (entire flight) in PEY (MEL-SIN)
Edit: even if they have to bump you, it will be onto PEY instead of Business.

Last edited by definitelynotafrequentflyer; Feb 19, 2020 at 4:31 am
Old Feb 19, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
It's always been just vouchers for IFE or seat malfunctions. No upgrades, though i guess if the seat was not safe to use they'd have figured something out. But it would probably have involved upgrading somebody else in their upgrade 'queue' (e.g. status pax) in advance and reallocating you that seat.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Except for the aircraft that don't have it, the least they could do would be to give you free wifi for the flight. But handing out vouchers seems to be standard practice on several carriers.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:12 pm

Power went out to the entire left hand side of the A380 (reading lights, electronic seat controls, IFE) an hour after takeoff from AKL. Service recovery was a SGD400 voucher in Suites and for YCL it was a gift bag of TWG tea when we landed in Singapore. Count yourself lucky you got the voucher!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.