Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Spring 2020 - SQ and MI service reductions

Spring 2020 - SQ and MI service reductions

Old Feb 27, 20, 7:02 am

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts View Post
I think he's totally justified. Have you looked at what one of those suites cost? They should be bending over backwards to accommodate him. Honestly, Delta has been on top of communication no problem, but I can't even get replies from SQ.
as some others have pointed out, it might be due to the ticket was not ticketed by SQ, still awaiting for OP to reply to clarify things out.
Old Feb 27, 20, 7:09 am

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by lokijuh View Post
About the same as F seats on 77W believe it or not (which is what the OP will be travelling on now).

I looked at several SIN-LHR dates at random (return) and whilst two of the flights were about $700 more than the other two flights, it correlated to time of day rather than 380 or 77W. So the two day flights (one in suites one in 77W F seats) cost the same and the two overnights (one in suites one in 77W) cost the same (more expensive than day flights). So whilst it seems travellers prefer the Suites to travel on, there doesn't seem to be a huge premium SQ are able to extract for this.
if Im not mistaken theres no A fare for new suites (not sure whether this is true for old suites), while theres A and F fare for first.
Old Feb 27, 20, 7:43 am
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer View Post
if Im not mistaken theres no A fare for new suites (not sure whether this is true for old suites), while theres A and F fare for first.
I've had A fares for new suites.
Old Feb 27, 20, 6:55 pm

Programs: QR Gold (OWS), Hilton Diamond, GHA Discovery Black, Taj Gold, Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts View Post
Honestly, Delta has been on top of communication no problem, but I can't even get replies from SQ.
Delta doesn't have 3,000+ flight cancellations to deal with.
Old Feb 27, 20, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
They alway block the sales of replacement flight to accommodate the paxes of the cancelled flights first.
I thought this might be the case, so I called up and asked to be moved to a flight that hasn't been listed as cancelled but isn't presently available for sale. I was refused.

Is moving the affected passengers to a blocked flight something a non-customer facing team is doing?
Old Feb 27, 20, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Plutonus View Post
I thought this might be the case, so I called up and asked to be moved to a flight that hasn't been listed as cancelled but isn't presently available for sale. I was refused.

Is moving the affected passengers to a blocked flight something a non-customer facing team is doing?
you mean the new flight that you wan is not available for sale? On the same day? They did not rebook you into that flight but to another flight ?

guess SQ might want to cancel that particular flight as well
Old Feb 27, 20, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
you mean the new flight that you wan is not available for sale? On the same day? They did not rebook you into that flight but to another flight ?

guess SQ might want to cancel that particular flight as well
Yes​​​​, the replacement flight I want is not currently available for sale on their website. Two daily A380 flights, they cancelled one.

They haven't rebooked me onto anything yet. I was trying to be proactive and contact them to get my preference.

The inbound flight from Singapore is not listed as cancelled and is available for sale, so unless they're sending the A380 back empty...
Old Feb 27, 20, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer View Post
as some others have pointed out, it might be due to the ticket was not ticketed by SQ, still awaiting for OP to reply to clarify things out.
The ticket was issued by LH and the flight is operated by SQ. It hat NOT been one of the very cheap FIRST CLASS special from last month. It has been quite expensive. The ticket is booked in A.

LH will do absolutely nothing ("Change was made my SQ") and SQ tells me, they are not responsible as the ticket was issued on LH stock.
Old Feb 27, 20, 11:12 pm

that is ture, SQ will not respond to LH ticket. you should work with LH and tell LH what you want.
they will solve it out with SQ.
LH can also put you on LX flight.

Originally Posted by bitnapper View Post
The ticket was issued by LH and the flight is operated by SQ. It hat NOT been one of the very cheap FIRST CLASS special from last month. It has been quite expensive. The ticket is booked in A.

LH will do absolutely nothing ("Change was made my SQ") and SQ tells me, they are not responsible as the ticket was issued on LH stock.

Last edited by jjjohn; Feb 27, 20 at 11:27 pm
Old Feb 28, 20, 10:26 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Might be a dumb question, so apologies in advance, but the SQ email detailing the reduction in services included the "cessation of the after take-off drink service". Has this gone into effect yet? If so, is it literally just the first service after takeoff, or are they not serving drinks at all?
Old Feb 28, 20, 2:45 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS
It seems to depend on the route. I can confirm (as of today) that to LHR the hot towel and after takeoff drinks are still done.
Old Feb 28, 20, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by billgris View Post
Might be a dumb question, so apologies in advance, but the SQ email detailing the reduction in services included the "cessation of the after take-off drink service". Has this gone into effect yet? If so, is it literally just the first service after takeoff, or are they not serving drinks at all?
i think SQ should be more clear in their email. From their Facebook page, it mention the reduction in services for China flights only. So I would think it only apply for China flights.
bpk6h and billgris like this.
Old Mar 2, 20, 2:41 am

For anyone interested, this appears to be what is happening. I was moved to the blocked flight and sent an email about a schedule change. The flight is now 'unblocked' and available for sale.

Seems no one is telling the contact centre what is happening. Standard left hand not talking to the right hand.
Old Mar 2, 20, 5:05 am

For anyone interested, this appears to be what is happening. I was moved to the blocked flight and sent an email about a schedule change. The flight is now 'unblocked' and available for sale.

Seems no one is telling the contact centre what is happening. Standard left hand not talking to the right hand.
Guess too much information to pass around. They should just make some remarks in the system. So you do get the blocked flight. And after everyone is moved, they release it for sales.
Old Mar 2, 20, 10:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, Accor Plat, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
Can anyone give me some guidance on this situation please:

Original plan with separate tickets:
VA NTL-BNE arriving 12:05
14:45 SQ236 BNE-SIN-...-Europe

SQ switched me onto the SQ256 which leaves at 09:10 (5.5 hours earlier) with 5 days' notice. I can change the VA flight to the previous day, but the change fee is 300SGD and I'd need to book a hotel room at BNE for a night. Will SQ cover these costs do you think? I've submitted an enquiry to my TA, but the response time is 2 days and I would appreciate any guidance. Thanks.

Search this Thread