Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Recheck bags on SIN transit on separate reservations AY to TR

Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, QR*G

Is it possible to approach transit counter and have them retrieve bags from belt of arriving AY flights and check with TR, or do i have to go out pick up and recheck them?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer
You'll have to go out, pick them up and recheck them in. I doubt AY will interline your baggage to TR - they're not in any alliance together (I doubt TR is in an alliance anyway). You can certainly ask at the check-in counter before you board your AY flight, but be prepared to get a "no" response.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:05 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by MathNerd
You'll have to go out, pick them up and recheck them in. I doubt AY will interline your baggage to TR - they're not in any alliance together (I doubt TR is in an alliance anyway). You can certainly ask at the check-in counter before you board your AY flight, but be prepared to get a "no" response.
That wasn’t the question, the question was about Changi transit counter organising collection and rechecking. I am pretty sure that whilst they will do this for 3K (Jetstar) they don’t for TR, others may be able to confirm.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh
That wasn’t the question, the question was about Changi transit counter organising collection and rechecking. I am pretty sure that whilst they will do this for 3K (Jetstar) they don’t for TR, others may be able to confirm.
frm Changi Airport website, state the following. So suggest TS do print out the TR boarding pass n check with the transfer desk. (Not sure TR is participating for the transfer service but since TS is actually paying additional airport tax with the separate scoot ticket , no harm asking as well).

nick5000 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:38 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer
Ah, I see. Thanks for that - I had no idea there was a distinction!
OP, sorry for misinterpreting your question.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
My TR flight got cancelled, so I now got a MI flight instead. Is it more likely that MI transit checking might be able to get the luggage from the belt and check in?
Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:48 am

Risky Service

Isn't asking somebody else to claim a bag from the baggage claim and recheck in on behalf of someone else a risky service to provide? So many things can happen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.