Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Arrivals and departures - lounges and hotels

Old Feb 10, 20, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue

I have an upcoming layover in SIN where both arrival and departure legs are in SQ J.

Arrival 3pm at T3. Departure next day at 7:40am at T3.

I would ideally like to check into an airside hotel upon landing, drop off my carry-on, then head out into the city until about 10pm. Then head back and get some rest in said airside hotel. Lounges are optional - I will go if there is a recommendation for either arrivals or departures.

Any problems with this? From what I can see, since the ticket is SQ, there should be no issue with stickers preventing airside access the second time...
Old Feb 10, 20, 5:21 pm

Programs: krisflyer
Itís all good to go.
Old Feb 10, 20, 6:25 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Rykoshet View Post
I have an upcoming layover in SIN where both arrival and departure legs are in SQ J.

Arrival 3pm at T3. Departure next day at 7:40am at T3.

I would ideally like to check into an airside hotel upon landing, drop off my carry-on, then head out into the city until about 10pm. Then head back and get some rest in said airside hotel. Lounges are optional - I will go if there is a recommendation for either arrivals or departures.

Any problems with this? From what I can see, since the ticket is SQ, there should be no issue with stickers preventing airside access the second time...
If you are going to check in at an airside hotel for that long (14-15 hrs) you might be better off (and it could even be cheaper) to stay at the landside Crowne Plaza which is connected to the terminal. Otherwise will be basically paying a lot of money ($25/hr) to store your bags whilst you head into the city. Probably cheaper (or at least no more expensive) to stay at the CP, or alternatively if you want to stay at an airside hotel, there's always luggage storage facility.

Other than that your plan is fine, during transit no problems with a single entry to and exit from Singapore.

Oh, one more thing, there is no certainty as to where you will arrive, it probably will be T3, but it could be T2 or even a gate in T1 adjacent to T3. Departure terminal is guaranteed, arrival terminal is not.
Old Feb 10, 20, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
Thank you both. I ended up getting a hotel in Chinatown (I know...i know....) since I wanted to see some of the neighbourhoods in that area and $80 is a lot cheaper than anything I could find at the airport. I guess I'm just getting up at 5am...
Old Feb 11, 20, 8:41 am

For an upcoming overnight transit I've booked the Yotel (Landside)

https://onemileatatime.com/yotel-sin...changi-review/
Old Feb 11, 20, 3:32 pm

Arriving at 3pm.....can get to city by 3:45pm - 4pm if you arrive on time and immigration queue is short. Taxi to city from Changi Airport is only around 20 mins.

If itís your first time (or anyone else in a similar situation in future), if budget allows, Iíd consider getting a hotel in the city overlooking Marina Bay Area. Flight at 7:40am....wake up 5am, leave hotel by 5:30-5:45 will still get you to airport just after 6am for breakfast in lounge. Of course these are estimates.

Yotel in the post above works too.....
Old Feb 12, 20, 9:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG UA G
Pigging back on this question. What happens if I am arriving in J and leaving in PY? Would the J ticket grant me access in SIN?
Old Feb 13, 20, 2:12 am

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by camdawg View Post
Pigging back on this question. What happens if I am arriving in J and leaving in PY? Would the J ticket grant me access in SIN?
unfortunately no.
Edit: but if you are a *A gold member, you can get access to the gold lounge.

Last edited by definitelynotafrequentflyer; Feb 13, 20 at 2:22 am

Search this Thread