Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

My Krisflyer Account is Under Audit with 200k Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Hello All,
I am new to this forum and this is my first post here, asking for suggestions and advices from experts here.

I am from India and I have some 200,000 KF Miles in my Krisflyer account, the same was polled by me from 4 different credit card users by mistake, now KF Team has sent me a mail that the miles doesn't belongs to me and I have to give statement is they belongs to me. I am afraid as I have pooled these miles from my 4-5 friends credit cards .

I am stuck with KF miles in my account, Please suggest any way to use any where so that I can be save from bearing a huge loss.

Thanks a lot.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by rajatkkc
I am afraid as I have pooled these miles from my 4-5 friends credit cards.
Tough luck, at best you might be allowed to keep the miles from your credit card(s) and the rest being forfeited, but a more likely scenario will be the forfeiture of all miles and the closure of your account.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shuigao
Tough luck, at best you might be allowed to keep the miles from your credit card(s) and the rest being forfeited, but a more likely scenario will be the forfeiture of all miles and the closure of your account.
Thanks for your reply, Is there any way to use these miles some where else? I will be happy if I can get out any value of these miles. Else I will suffer a huge loss, Please suggest if these can be used any where .
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: Alaska
I don’t think there was any “mistake”. If it is mistake, ask the banks to reverse the credit card point transactions.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You mistakenly pooled miles from your friends’ credit cards to your KF account? I don’t see you getting anything from KF, and I suspect that your account will be closed.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:16 am

Programs: krisflyer
How about getting your friends to sign up their KF membership and explain to SQ that you did it because you didn’t know it was forbidden and ask to transfer the portion to whoever it belongs to. All the best.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:17 am

Hello All,
I am new to this forum and this is my first post here, asking for suggestions and advices from experts here.

I am from India and I have some 200,000 KF Miles in my Krisflyer account, the same was polled by me from 4 different credit card users by mistake, now KF Team has sent me a mail that the miles doesn't belongs to me and I have to give statement is they belongs to me. I am afraid as I have pooled these miles from my 4-5 friends credit cards .

I am stuck with KF miles in my account, Please suggest any way to use any where so that I can be save from bearing a huge loss.

Thanks a lot.
As you have stated, you pooled these miles which is in violation of Kris Flyer Terms & Conditions, Section D-11. SQ reserves the right to audit a members account at anytime, Section A-5. So if you try to use these pooled miles, you can be liable for damage compensation. SQ can claim compensation for damages from the misuse, Section A-1.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/p...conditions-kf/

D 11. Pooling of KrisFlyer miles and/or status credits is not permitted and each KrisFlyer membership can only be utilised by one person. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to cancel a KrisFlyer account and all KrisFlyer miles and/or status credits in the account, if it is found to be used by more than one person.

A 5. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to audit the member’s account at any time for compliance with the Terms and Conditions without prior notice.

A1. A KrisFlyer membership is strictly personal and only for use by the member. It cannot be transferred, sold or bartered. The member is responsible for ensuring that his/her KrisFlyer account is not used improperly. Misuse of membership cards, KrisFlyer programme, PPS club and their related benefits may result in termination or suspension of membership, or withdrawal of benefits. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to claim compensation for damage sustained in connection with the misuse.
Repooc17, victorlicious and Danial like this.

Last edited by northsideguy; Feb 3, 2020 at 6:16 am
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
was polled by me from 4 different credit card users by mistake
How does one transfer miles from 4 different credit card "users" by "mistake"?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by davidj1
I guess the 'mistake' was the OP paying his friends for their miles w/o saying its as long as I get to keep and use them
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If this is as it sounds, the audit will reveal the fraud and that will lead to the closure of the account. There is no way that the miles transactions will be reversed or transferred to someone else's account.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:55 pm

Hello All,

Thanks a lot.
ouch! The T&C is quite clear. Once an investigation audit is launched, everything will be on record. Remember KF miles are traded like $$ between the airlines and banks, so they take these very seriously. Good Luck ,
ON the bright side, 200k/4 cards...so its 50K per card.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by davidj1
Well, if we want to give OP the benefit of the doubt, it may very well have been a mistaken assumption that frequent flyer accounts allow pooling from various other sources (with different names)?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by shuigao
Well, if we want to give OP the benefit of the doubt, it may very well have been a mistaken assumption that frequent flyer accounts allow pooling from various other sources (with different names)?
That is not a mistake. It may be the result of OP not having read the rules before he agreed to them, but it is not a mistake. His is quite clearly an intentional act and he is not likely to get much sympathy by pretending otherwise.
davidj1, Danial and cuzzybro like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.