Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ/Krisflyer Coronavirus waivers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 12:28 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Any idea if SQ would put me on the direct SIN-SFO flight? Thanks for input and safe travels!
The easiest solution might be ask to be move your SIN-HKG flight to later flight (SQ2) and leave HKG-SFO flight as is. Same outcome as being on SIN-SFO flight, they will through check you at SIN and be treated exactly the same as someone on the same code all the way through. You might have different seats though. Whilst technically not protected, and the short time between two separate tickets would send shudders down the spine of your typical FT'er, as it is the same aircraft, this is a safer bet than your original separate tickets.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:38 am

SQ will be cancelling/suspending all flight to China. They have zeroed out the inventory until 16th feb.

for 17th feb to end March only the highest booking class available. (Which mean they are closing the inventory as well)

scoot have just announced the cancellation of all China flights from 8th feb
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP

Singapore closes borders to all Chinese travellers to stem spread of coronavirus

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/healt...ravellers-stem
Old Jan 31, 2020, 3:18 pm

I have a scheduled SQ1 and SQ2 flights to and from HKG in Feb in premium economy. I called them on Jan 28 and was told no waivers. However 2 hours later, they called back to say waivers are in effect. However, I am not going because my event in HKG was cancelled and I am hoping for a refund because I doubt I will be using SQ again within the next 12 months.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by MisterBill
So I am scheduled to fly SQ to Singapore next month (premium economy), then take two cruises, one of which ends in Hong Kong, and a second that is scheduled to visit Beijing (Tianjin) before ending in Shanghai. While it has not been announced yet, it is very likely that my cruise will be rerouted to avoid the Chinese ports and I will be given the option to cancel and get future cruise credit. If that happens, I will probably cancel and try to rebook for next year. Given that SQ's published waiver does not apply to me, I emailed them to see if they would extend it to me. Not sure how willing they will be (I am sure some people here will tell me that I am wrong to even ask but it doesn't hurt to try). We are flying back from Shanghai on Delta. I know I can cancel that but they are not offering a refund, just credit.
i called Chase Travel since I booked thru them using CSR. The rep called SQ and they said they would not offer a refund since I was not flying to China on their itinerary. There is a $100 change fee and they offered to submit a request to have it waived. But I would need to rebook at the same time as I cancel and they are only selling tickets thru mid-January of next year. I was thinking of changing to a cruise around the same time as I was going, at the end of February. So basically I would not be able to rebook for a flight when I want it.

Any ideas on how to get around this?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:03 am

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Originally Posted by MisterBill
i called Chase Travel since I booked thru them using CSR. The rep called SQ and they said they would not offer a refund since I was not flying to China on their itinerary. There is a $100 change fee and they offered to submit a request to have it waived. But I would need to rebook at the same time as I cancel and they are only selling tickets thru mid-January of next year. I was thinking of changing to a cruise around the same time as I was going, at the end of February. So basically I would not be able to rebook for a flight when I want it.

Any ideas on how to get around this?
Will Chase Travel protection work in this case?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:43 am

I am also scheduled on sq001 but en route to bkk via sq as well. As my final destination isn’t hk would I be captured in the refund? I assume we all have to pay change of ticket price as well?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by pichalite
Will Chase Travel protection work in this case?
The guy at Chase Travel seemed to think that they were not covering any of this because it was government action, although I'm not quite sure that applies in my situation, Also, since my cruises are being modified but not cancelled, my decision not to sail is my choice, not a cancellation.

If Singapore Air would just give me credit instead of making me rebook immediately it would be much easier., since I really like the itinerary on the 2/14/21 sailing (ending in Singapore on 2/28), but at the moment would not be able to switch to a flight then because it's not on sale yet.

Update: got a response to the email I had sent earlier in the week asking for my ticket info. I sent it along with an explanation of my situation and a plea for them to either refund my ticket entirely or give me credit towards a future flight. I'll see how well I do.

Last edited by MisterBill; Feb 2, 2020 at 9:28 pm
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:43 am

Emailed Singapore support regarding SQ2 i had booked SIN-HKG-SFO on 2/18. Requested if they could change to SQ32 (SIN-SFO) the same day. Got a call from support 2 days later and while they couldn't book me on SQ32, they were able to get me on SQ34 the next day in the same class (Business), and said they'd waive any change fees. This was for a KrisFlyer Spontaneous rewards ticket FYI. Booking was updated within 10 minutes, able to pick my seat, and my change flight button is greyed out, only cancellation is possible for that itinerary. Just thought people want to hear the data point.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:46 am

Interesting. My flight is economy class
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:36 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by MaximusTravelus
Emailed Singapore support regarding SQ2 i had booked SIN-HKG-SFO on 2/18. Requested if they could change to SQ32 (SIN-SFO) the same day. Got a call from support 2 days later and while they couldn't book me on SQ32, they were able to get me on SQ34 the next day in the same class (Business), and said they'd waive any change fees. This was for a KrisFlyer Spontaneous rewards ticket FYI. Booking was updated within 10 minutes, able to pick my seat, and my change flight button is greyed out, only cancellation is possible for that itinerary. Just thought people want to hear the data point.
i have SQ2 SIN-HKG-SFO too, wonder if flights going into SFO from HKG will be delayed by immigration and nCov scanning?

Last edited by xxxjorxxx; Feb 3, 2020 at 7:46 pm
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:38 pm

I am getting a full refund on my ticket SFO-HKG-SFO scheduled for Feb 10 departure. My event was canceled in Hong Kong.
When I called last week, they said they would waive change fees and I would get a credit. Glad I waited.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:19 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, SkyPass
Originally Posted by pichalite
When I contacted couple of days ago, they offered full refund even for non-refundable awards without any fee. May be it has changed in last couple of days.
called in yesterday to cancel my award booking with spontaneous escape discount
same on/by 31 May validity was offered with existing booking cancelled and miles on hold
told me I could call in to book when dates are firm or redeposit my miles both at no charge
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by lavedder
I am getting a full refund on my ticket SFO-HKG-SFO scheduled for Feb 10 departure. My event was canceled in Hong Kong.
When I called last week, they said they would waive change fees and I would get a credit. Glad I waited.
but any change of price fare would be for your account
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:54 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
I had a bit disappointing experience with SQ:
Booked Premium Eco T PVG-SIN-SYD-SIN-(stopover)-PVG. I flew already the first 3 legs and was supposed to fly to PVG on monday. My flight was cancelled and they offered to rebook me onto another flight to PVG on that day. As I did not want to travel to PVG I asked for a partial refund of the fare (which is refundable - so even no Corona-reason here). They refused as the ticket is already partially used. They said the full fare which I paid (10600 CNY) was already used and there is nothing left to refund. While there might be a technical reason for this, I still feel that I should be entitled to something, because I bought 4 legs and got only 3. SQ does not even operate the flight which I booked, so they have no operating cost, but keep the remaining fare for the last leg. Also, a rebooking to another destination was refused. I tried to settle for a travel voucher (say 2000 CNY), but the supervisor said no. CNY 261 unused taxes is the maximum what I shall get. However the taxes anyway do not belong to SQ when I don't fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.