Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

24-hr cancellation policy for award reservation

Old Jan 17, 2020, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold

Want to be book a Spontaneous Awards. Terms don't allow for cancellations or changes. Agent says 24-hr cancellation is not applicable for award reservation but applies for commercial booking. Anyone has experience canceling award in 24-hours? Need time to think but worried the availability will dry up.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:41 pm

I've not heard of anyone successfully getting a cancellation for spontaneous and i believe they are pretty strict in this aspect.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Went ahead and booked the SFO-HKG on SQ1 for 43k miles + $5. Very excited to try the product. Selected the Bulkhead seat 15D like everyone here suggests.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:59 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Squeezy
I've not heard of anyone successfully getting a cancellation for spontaneous and i believe they are pretty strict in this aspect.
How they implement the terms and conditions online is seriously flawed.

If you start at SQ main page and proceed with a redemption booking which happens to match Spontaneous Escapes criteria, you will get the Spontaneous Escapes pricing as well as the non-changeable conditions despite nothing during the entire booking process to inform you of this restriction. This restriction doesn't even show up under the Fare Rules and Conditions link on payment page.

That's what happened to me last month booking HKG-SIN. At that point in time, I wasn't even aware of what Spontaneous Escapes are. Currently working with SQ to get miles back.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:30 pm

Is a regular saver award (not a spontaneous escape award) cancellable within 24 hours with my points redeposited in my account? Can this be done online or does it have to be done over the phone?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by setho212
Is a regular saver award (not a spontaneous escape award) cancellable within 24 hours with my points redeposited in my account? Can this be done online or does it have to be done over the phone?
u must call. Cancelled online within 24 hrs will have charges.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
How they implement the terms and conditions online is seriously flawed.

If you start at SQ main page and proceed with a redemption booking which happens to match Spontaneous Escapes criteria, you will get the Spontaneous Escapes pricing as well as the non-changeable conditions despite nothing during the entire booking process to inform you of this restriction. This restriction doesn't even show up under the Fare Rules and Conditions link on payment page.

That's what happened to me last month booking HKG-SIN. At that point in time, I wasn't even aware of what Spontaneous Escapes are. Currently working with SQ to get miles back.
UPDATE

1st line level supervisor was not able to effect a reinstatement but agreed to escalate up. Reinstatement was approved after 1 business day subject to normal reinstatement fee. While the front line agent and supervisor wasn’t empowered to reinstate, they made up for it for following thru with getting back to me in a timely manner.

I have no status with SQ.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.