Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Points Expiring Noob Quick Question Please

Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Hey y'all, pretty sure you can but just want to make sure please.

I have points expiring in February, Can I book now for a flight in say June or do I need to travel by the expire date? Pretty sure I can buy want to make sure please. . If I can book for the future and need to change dates or something, am I correct that I can make changes ($25 fee) but obviously not get my points redeposited.

Thanks so much!
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:46 pm

You can book a flight after the expiry. But cant be redeposited if u cancel.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
You can book a flight after the expiry. But cant be redeposited if u cancel.
Awesome thanks for your insight! Just to make sure, I can still make a date change for a fee if necessary in this scenario.

Thanks again!
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: krisflyer
I thought changing date for redemption ticket counts as redeposit miles and rebooking? (Might need to check on that to be sure)
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer
I thought changing date for redemption ticket counts as redeposit miles and rebooking? (Might need to check on that to be sure)
Date change is ok. I have done date change as well after my points have expired (as long within the 1 year period of ticket validity).

Change of destination might be an issue. (Ticket might have to be reissued). This one I cant confirm
Chnage of origin definitely cannot.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Date change is ok. I have done date change as well after my points have expired (as long within the 1 year period of ticket validity).

Change of destination might be an issue. (Ticket might have to be reissued). This one I cant confirm
Chnage of origin definitely cannot.
Thank you both for your help!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.