SQ BA Interline

Old Jan 7, 2020, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance
SQ BA Interline

Hi, I am flying with SQ from Bangkok to London via Singapore and with BA from London to Manchester. Both separate ticket. May I know if it is possible for me to check through my baggage to Manchester in Bangkok?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 5:09 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by RichardHein
Hi, I am flying with SQ from Bangkok to London via Singapore and with BA from London to Manchester. Both separate ticket. May I know if it is possible for me to check through my baggage to Manchester in Bangkok?
Surely you have to clear Immigration & Customs in London? In that case you couldn't interline even if it were available
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Why wouldn't Customs be at MAN?

Immigration will be at LHR but that has nothing to do with the bag which SQ should check through. (Interestingly, in the other direction, BA won't check the bag across tickets to anybody, including itself).
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Why wouldn't Customs be at MAN?

Immigration will be at LHR but that has nothing to do with the bag which SQ should check through. (Interestingly, in the other direction, BA won't check the bag across tickets to anybody, including itself).
So I assumed there is a possibility for check through? As the connection time between two flights are only 2 hours and 5 minutes.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by RTWFF
Surely you have to clear Immigration & Customs in London? In that case you couldn't interline even if it were available
The UK is not the US. Checked bags don’t have to be picked up and re-checked at the port of entry.

If the bag is checked through to MAN via LHR, the bag will show up at MAN.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:24 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
I hope the connection goes smoothly. It looks like the inter terminal MCT is 90 minutes at LHR, but just the walk across T3 can take 20 minutes. I would not dawdle.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by w4rd
I hope the connection goes smoothly. It looks like the inter terminal MCT is 90 minutes at LHR, but just the walk across T3 can take 20 minutes. I would not dawdle.
Well my flight is at T5 so I’m hoping that SQ will check me through to Manchester
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:00 pm

You can ckesr customs in MAN you just must look for red phone at arivals baggage hall....
BA have agreement with SQ so check in bag to MAN should be posiblle
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:25 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RichardHein
Well my flight is at T5 so I’m hoping that SQ will check me through to Manchester
Yep. My point was that it takes a long time just to get across T3 before you even transfer to T5.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Update

The SQ staff at BKK airport checked me through Manchester and issued me BP. I love you SIA you’re the best
w4rd likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Note that you don't have a connection. I think this is going to be very tight for you; two hours from T3 to T5 may or may not be enough...
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Note that you don't have a connection. I think this is going to be very tight for you; two hours from T3 to T5 may or may not be enough...
SQ staff checked me thought to Manchester and issued me BP. I think it’s still manageable. But let’s see
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
SQ has no influence on ground operations at LHR, and having a boarding pass means nothing. You need to pass immigration and go through a terminal change, with security. Good luck but understand BA is not obligated to put you on a later service if you don’t make the flight you’re booked on. Neither is SQ. It is just useful to understand your options on separate tickets.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
SQ has no influence on ground operations at LHR, and having a boarding pass means nothing. You need to pass immigration and go through a terminal change, with security. Good luck but understand BA is not obligated to put you on a later service if you don’t make the flight you’re booked on. Neither is SQ. It is just useful to understand your options on separate tickets.
I think there’s a fast track option for business class flyers? As I’m flying both business and I checked lhr website, hopefully that won’t be an issue.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: krisflyer
Slightly out of topic but SQ do offer SIN-MAN flight, if your final destination is Manchester, wouldn’t it be a better option (taking into consideration that you are flying business)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.