Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SG Tickets cancelled without notice. Help!!!

Old Dec 25, 2019, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Hello friends

I booked a ticket from the US to India using Travelgenio with Singapore airlines for last july. Due to personal reasons, I had to move the tickets to a different date in December. I called up the airlines and after few times back and forth between Travel Genio and Singapore airlines, I got the dates changed. I was told SQ took the ownership of the ticket and hence SQ was able to make the change. The booking was confirmed by the airlines and I received an e-ticket from Singapore airlines. The day before the travel, I called up Singapore airlines for confirmation and I came to know that the travel agent (Travel genio) canceled my tickets without any notice. Since I had to travel, I ended up booking another ticket with Emirates at a much higher cost (like 650$ more). I have been working with Travel genio customer representative and they are not refunding the full money on the ticket they canceled. The explanation from the Singapore airlines customer service is that the travel agent cancelled the ticket. The explanation from the Travel Genio customer service is that the change airlines made didn't synchronize with the Travel Genio system due to which TG still had the booking for July and I was a no-show on the flight. TG canceled the booking in September.

I wanted to get a complaint with Singapore Airlines and see if they could help me here. Do you know what is the best way to approach this issue?

Looking forward to your help.

Last edited by kpsreenath; Dec 26, 2019 at 5:49 am Reason: Wrong usage
Old Dec 25, 2019, 4:57 am

Hello kpsreenath. We would like to help you with your booking. Please send us an e-mail to [email protected] so that one of our agents can contact you. Thank you, regards.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:47 am

Sorry to learn of your problem.
You had a single ticket with TG and SQ flights? Who issued the ticket? If it was SQ, the first 3 digits of the ticket should be 618.
Did you change the TG flight as well?
Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by epigram
You had a single ticket with TG and SQ flights? Who issued the ticket? If it was SQ, the first 3 digits of the ticket should be 618.
I think TG here is travel genio, I assume SG is actually SQ. But I could be wrong
RTWFF likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by kpsreenath
I was told SG took the ownership of the ticket and hence SG was able to make the change.
I have been working with Travel genio customer representative and they are not refunding the full money on the ticket they canceled.
- Who told you that SQ took ownership of the ticket? TG rep or SQ Rep?
- How much are TG refunding you?
Old Dec 25, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Look at https://www.usa.gov/travel-complaint to see how to fix it. From the reviews I have seen online a lot of customers have had problems with this company. Having government support in your complaint will make life much easier.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 4:33 pm

They are a terrible agency so best of luck.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 6:22 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by onlySIA
Look at https://www.usa.gov/travel-complaint to see how to fix it. From the reviews I have seen online a lot of customers have had problems with this company. Having government support in your complaint will make life much easier.
I don't think any parties involved are in the US. It's a terrible travel agency that should be avoided
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
For the benefit of others, always book directly through the carrier or, if you must use a travel agent, use a well-known business with a physical office near you which comes highly recommended by people you know.

If you do make the initial mistake of booking through one of these vendors and you have your ticket taken over by the carrier, make it a point to contact the ticket vendor and make certain that they know that you have done so.

In this case, if you paid with a CC, initiate a chargeback. It may be too late, but many card issuers (banks) will permit up to a year. If yours is one of those, you may have a fairly easy chargeback. If you write, avoid abbreviations because the ones you have used appear to be wrong and that can be fatal to a chargeback.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the feedback. Sorry for the mistake on Singapore Airlines. I meant SQ instead of SG.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by epigram
TG issued the tickets initially. When the dates were changed, I received the new ticket for Dec from Singapore airlines and the ticket number starts with 618
Old Dec 26, 2019, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nancypants
I think TG here is travel genio, I assume SG is actually SQ. But I could be wrong
Yes. TG is Travel Genio. Also, yes, SQ.. sorry for the typo.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shuigao
- Who told you that SQ took ownership of the ticket? TG rep or SQ Rep?
- How much are TG refunding you?
I was told by both TG and SQ reps that the ownership has changed.
TG initially offered to give me $50 and now after talking to them , they offered 500$ refund for my 1200+ ticket.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:11 am

Who calls up the airline the day before they travel?

Yes, you said you received the new Dec ticket from Singapore Airlines but you also admitted that Travelgenio cancelled the ticket in Sep, how can you continue to expect Singapore Airlines to hold a seat for you for your Dec flight?

You can only make the Travelgenio person who cancelled your Dec flight, be responsible for the problem you faced today. How is there any remote possibility that you can place a complaint with Singapore Airlines?

(Audio)
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Audio
Who calls up the airline the day before they travel?

Yes, you said you received the new Dec ticket from Singapore Airlines but you also admitted that Travelgenio cancelled the ticket in Sep, how can you continue to expect Singapore Airlines to hold a seat for you for your Dec flight?

You can only make the Travelgenio person who cancelled your Dec flight, be responsible for the problem you faced today. How is there any remote possibility that you can place a complaint with Singapore Airlines?

(Audio)
I think calling up to confirm tickets is an old skool practice -- back in the day it was customary to call the airlines at least a day before to "reconfirm" your flight.

But I agree - even though SQ 'owned' the ticket after the date change, Travelgenio was still the original issuer and their instruction to cancel the ticket overrode SQ's ownership. SQ would not challenge Travelgenio as the 'ownership' transfer only meant that they could from that date, make changes to the ticket directly. It did not however, revoke Travelgenio's control of the ticket. Something went sideways with your ticket if Travelgenio could claim that you were a noshow in their system for the Sept flight.
nancypants and Ex-SIN like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.