My patience paid off

Old Dec 19, 19, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Virgin, Marriott
My patience paid off

A few months ago I booked LHR > SIN for 23rd Dec on Business Advantage. Ideally, I wanted to fly on the 22nd but there was no availability. I have been checking every day for the last month and then all of a sudden today, there was a Business SAVER available on the 22nd. Couldn't believe my luck and snatched it up

Technically I am flying LHR > SIN > DPS, and I had both legs on points to begin with. As only the LHR>SIN became available on points on 22nd, I needed to move my SIN>DPS a day earlier and there was only one seat left so I had to buy a Y ticket. As such, it's cost me an extra SG$581 and the second leg is economy instead of business however I am still happy that I am going a day earlier.
Old Dec 20, 19, 4:44 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Remarkable that there is availability so close to Christmas, presumably a lot of seats if they are making Saver available.
Old Dec 20, 19, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Virgin, Marriott
Originally Posted by onlySIA View Post
Remarkable that there is availability so close to Christmas, presumably a lot of seats if they are making Saver available.
Not necessarily. When I cancelled my Saver ticket on the 23rd as a result of the availability, it was straight back on the site as an available Saver to book. Perhaps somebody cancelled their own Saver ticket on the 22nd and it became available. Interesting why SQ add back as a Saver and not an Advantage though.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: