SQ to ANA in NRT transit

Old Dec 13, 19, 11:17 am
azj
Original Poster

SQ to ANA in NRT transit

I'm flying SQ Business SIN-NRT and connecting to ANA in NRT using separate tickets. We'll have nearly 3 hours just in case they don't, but will SQ check my bags all the way through to the final destination? Certainly being Star carriers they've got an interline agreement correct?
Old Dec 13, 19, 1:59 pm

Programs: krisflyer
I have no previous experience on two booking references from two airlines but I do have experience with two booking references with SQ. I need to ring SQ customers support to ask them to link both references internally (not shown on the ticket) so that when I show up at the check in counter, the luggage will automatically shown checked to the final destination.
Old Dec 13, 19, 6:38 pm

Programs: MH, AC, AS
Originally Posted by azj View Post
I'm flying SQ Business SIN-NRT and connecting to ANA in NRT using separate tickets. We'll have nearly 3 hours just in case they don't, but will SQ check my bags all the way through to the final destination? Certainly being Star carriers they've got an interline agreement correct?
SQ can and most probably will check your bags through in this case.

Note that having an partnership doesnít mean an airline is obligated to check your bags through on separate tickets.
Old Dec 14, 19, 1:34 am

Programs: SIA PPS, OZ Asiana Club, CX MPC, IHG Royal Amb, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Silver
I have an upcoming trip from SIN-ICN leaving on SQ and connecting on OZ from ICN to NRT on two separate tickets (one commercial, one award ticket). I have checked with SQ and they have informed me that so long as OZ system allows them to check-through the luggage to NRT, they will be able to do so in SIN.
Old Dec 15, 19, 4:37 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Is your final destination domestic in Japan or international?
If it is domestic you will need to collect your bags for customs check anyway.
Old Dec 16, 19, 11:17 am
azj
Original Poster

Originally Posted by w4rd View Post
Is your final destination domestic in Japan or international?
If it is domestic you will need to collect your bags for customs check anyway.
International.
Old Dec 21, 19, 10:00 am

Programs: SIA PPS, OZ Asiana Club, CX MPC, IHG Royal Amb, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by hclee01 View Post
I have an upcoming trip from SIN-ICN leaving on SQ and connecting on OZ from ICN to NRT on two separate tickets (one commercial, one award ticket). I have checked with SQ and they have informed me that so long as OZ system allows them to check-through the luggage to NRT, they will be able to do so in SIN.
Just to share on my experience yesterday. At SIN, the agent was able to check through my luggage from SIN to NRT via ICN (SIN to ICN on SQ and ICN to NRT on OZ). In addition, she was able to issue the boarding pass for the OZ sector as well in SIN. This was good for me as the transfer was a breeze with time to head to the lounge for some food and drinks.
Old Dec 24, 19, 12:36 am

Hihi, this is not always guarantee. I booked on ANA from Fuk to Kix and a seperate sq ticket from Kix-sin. The check in staff told me I can't check through even though she was able to print the check through bag tag in front of me.
Old Dec 24, 19, 5:58 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by luv_flying View Post
Hihi, this is not always guarantee. I booked on ANA from Fuk to Kix and a seperate sq ticket from Kix-sin. The check in staff told me I can't check through even though she was able to print the check through bag tag in front of me.
It varies per airline. SQ has always been willing to do it for me the handful of times Iíve needed them to in the past. A3 has also done it for me once before. I guess ANA are a bit less flexible here.
Old Dec 24, 19, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by chisquared View Post
It varies per airline. SQ has always been willing to do it for me the handful of times Iíve needed them to in the past. A3 has also done it for me once before. I guess ANA are a bit less flexible here.
Agreed that SQ tends to be willing to do it. In a previous trip, I was able to tag my luggage from SIN to TPE via HKG (SIN to HKG was on SQ and HKG to TPE is on CX).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: