Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ*G - Access to Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2019, 4:40 am
Original Poster

(I found a few related threads but they don't answer the exact question I got.)

As a KrisFlyer Gold flying JFK-FRA in SQ Eco, do I receive access to the VS Clubhouse?

Star Alliance Lounge Finder says yes, but I suspect it's wrong.

VS web site says only PPS and SQ Suites pax get access.

So which one is it?

And what lounge should I use if the Clubhouse is out, the LX?

EDIT: Oh, and the LX lounge is closed until March for renovations. My flight is before re-opening.

Last edited by R.O.; Dec 10, 2019 at 6:33 am
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
The VS CH is listed as a contract lounge on the Star Alliance website, so that means it could be subject to some restrictions with respect to access. I wouldn't count on being able to use the VS CH specifically, but SQ will tell you which lounge you will have access to when you check-in at the airport. If SQ has contracted a different lounge, then you can always try dropping by the CH anyway to see if they'll let you in, but be prepared to be told no.
R.O. likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chisquared
The VS CH is listed as a contract lounge on the Star Alliance website, so that means it could be subject to some restrictions with respect to access.
Yes, but if you do the filtered lounge search (filters: Airline - SQ, Booking class - Eco, FFP - SQ KrisFlyer, FFS - Gold, Destination - FRA), it still shows me I have access to the VS Clubhouse.

That could be an error.

The VS website on their JFK lounge says that SQ Gold and PPS have access when on a DL or VS flight (no mention of SQ flight!!).

Lastly, the SQ website has the VS Clubhouse JFK listed as a partner lounge. It states that access is for Solitaire PPS Club and Suites pax. No mention of SQ Gold.

So it's really confusing.

I'd really like to check out the Clubhouse JFK, as it's supposed to be nice. But if I don't get access a SQ Gold on an SQ eco flight, I'll just book a flight on VS. In that latter case, I'd have access for sure via my DL status.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
I wouldn’t count on the *A website, especially since VS aren’t in *A. This means you can’t really point to the information on the website if you’re denied access to the CH when flying SQ Y.

Given that airline websites almost universally indicate access rules to lounges by listing who can access the lounge, rather than who can’t, I’d take the info from the VS website as meaning that their official policy is that SQ KFEG cardholders flying on SQ should normally not have access to the CH. I recall trying to access the CH at LHR a few years ago when flying SQ, but was turned away.

If you really want to use the CH, fly VS, not SQ.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
The SQ website is pretty clear that Suites passengers and Solitaire PPS members have access to the Clubhouse, whilst it doesn’t list such restrictions on the Club David Lounge, where everyone else must go it would seem.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...unges/partner/
R.O. likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
When on SQ, the VS lounge in JFK is accessible to Suites and Solitaire pax only. It gets crowded in the late afternoon early evening when I get in for SQ25, I can't imagine if they also allowed *G...
R.O. likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
*G and J ticket do not grant VS club access. Last time I flew on SQ ex-JFK, I was sent to the LX lounge.

Flying SQ25 next month. I am not expecting changes but will report if otherwise.
R.O. likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by Repooc17
*G and J ticket do not grant VS club access. Last time I flew on SQ ex-JFK, I was sent to the LX lounge.

Flying SQ25 next month. I am not expecting changes but will report if otherwise.
Whilst the LX is closed they will direct you to the El Al lounge. Not there are no window views and only one shower.
R.O. likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.