FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Change of reserved seats in C due to double booking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1999065-change-reserved-seats-c-due-double-booking.html)

olivier Dec 9, 2019 1:12 pm

Change of reserved seats in C due to double booking

Received an email from SQ today informing me that my pre-reserved bulkhead seats in C (18 D F) were reassigned to 27 D F due to double allocation of these seats for my flight two weeks from now (A380 old C). This reasoning seems not plausible to me. I assume that they just allocated these bulkhead seats to better customers. I reserved the seats weeks ago and SQ homepage as well as Checkmytrip showed them as confirmed.

I am not happy to have been re-seated from a bulkhead seat to the last row of C in front of Y restrooms and Y bassinet seats.

Did anybody experience similar issues?

yewgene Dec 9, 2019 11:38 pm

Are the initial bulkhead also bassinet? If so, it could be allocated to pax with infants.

From exPerience, because I have had the CSR to change someone's seats as I needed the bassinet with my infant before.

yauee Dec 10, 2019 12:27 am

Originally Posted by olivier (Post 31822408)
Received an email from SQ today informing me that my pre-reserved bulkhead seats in C (18 D F) were reassigned to 27 D F due to double allocation of these seats for my flight two weeks from now (A380 old C). This reasoning seems not plausible to me. I assume that they just allocated these bulkhead seats to better customers. I reserved the seats weeks ago and SQ homepage as well as Checkmytrip showed them as confirmed.

I am not happy to have been re-seated from a bulkhead seat to the last row of C in front of Y restrooms and Y bassinet seats.

Are you with infant who NEED the bassinet seat?

olivier Dec 10, 2019 12:48 am

Originally Posted by yauee (Post 31824098)
Are you with infant who NEED the bassinet seat?

18 D F on A380 with old configuration are NOT bassinet seats.

cowie Dec 10, 2019 1:19 am

Yeah 'double allocation' sounds dubious. Never heard of this. But I haven't heard of PPS / PPS Solitaire members being able to demand those bulkhead seats once they are taken. Could be some VVIP, but then again those would be flying Suites, unless Suites is full?

Maybe the two passengers need the bulkhead seats for medical reasons?

You'd find out when you fly. Hopefully there won't be angry death stares if you discover they aren't disabled in some way...

yauee Dec 10, 2019 1:56 am

Originally Posted by olivier (Post 31824154)
18 D F on A380 with old configuration are NOT bassinet seats.

thanks for correcting

terbangalways Dec 10, 2019 2:30 am

No offence, No one (infant) has the right to remove you from your reserved seats to accommodate VVIP. Although T&C and fine print stated it is their airline rights!
If they are super VVIP (or that...significant), they should have access to private jet or jets. Then they won't have to squeeze with poor guy like me.

My experiences with bassinets and front row have never been re-accommodated. Maybe i do not fly J/F enough to experience this.
I do not get my bassinet request on occasion when all bassinets are taken. And infants really do exist in those seats.

For your case, if 18 DF is not bassinet. Your best bet is to contact SQ or write and inquire why are you booted & have them to reinstate?
Mild Medical reasons also do not qualify to boot someone who has already reserved these prized seats ahead of you.
Unless, those requiring medical assistance asked you personally on the plane. Which i gladly am would switch.

First come first serve...

redvelvetmartinis Dec 10, 2019 2:57 am

Did they change the aircraft you're flying, and hence the assigned bulkheads are now equipped with bassinets and they have to allocate that to someone else with an infant?

lokijuh Dec 10, 2019 3:08 am

Maybe, just maybe the advice given by SQ was correct, but that would mean some serious IT flaws. But of course we all know SQ's IT is absolutely perfect. :p

olivier Dec 10, 2019 5:16 am

Originally Posted by terbangalways (Post 31824341)
Your best bet is to contact SQ or write and inquire why are you booted & have them to reinstate?
Mild Medical reasons also do not qualify to boot someone who has already reserved these prized seats ahead of you.
Unless, those requiring medical assistance asked you personally on the plane. Which i gladly am would switch.

First come first serve...

I inquired with SQ and they reiterated that the reallocation was due to technical failure and that they could not re-seat the other booking as it is a large family.

Squeezy Dec 10, 2019 7:12 am

Originally Posted by olivier (Post 31824628)
I inquired with SQ and they reiterated that the reallocation was due to technical failure and that they could not re-seat the other booking as it is a large family.

Tell them you'll be happy to be reallocated to F class or they can certainly move 1 or 2 of the `big family' to F and i'm sure they won't be complaining either.

sbs2716g Dec 10, 2019 7:05 pm

As usual SQ IT problem. Can see from their Facebook page lot of complain of such issue whereby reserved seats are changed.

pokfur Dec 11, 2019 5:59 pm

Another possibility is that the aircraft type could have been changed once (from A380 V1 to V2 for example), resulting in new seats being allocated, and then changed back to the original aircraft type, where everyone is reassigned new seats again. I’ve had that happen to me before and was booted out of 11A :(

In such cases I am normally not notified of the seat/aircraft change unless I happen to log into my booking. So perhaps this happened and you were unaware.