Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Private Room - Renovation Status?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:34 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Anyone going to the TPR this month maybe can ask the staff on the renovation status. I think they should know when it will undergo renovation.
They say they have no idea. Sorry.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Anyone going to the TPR this month maybe can ask the staff on the renovation status. I think they should know when it will undergo renovation.
in TPR now. I asked a knowledgeable lady about the renovation: „We will do it in phases, starting with business, then first and finally TPR. So relax, not anytime soon“
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by timol
in TPR now. I asked a knowledgeable lady about the renovation: „We will do it in phases, starting with business, then first and finally TPR. So relax, not anytime soon“
I will be there on Friday and was going to inquire with the staff as well and report back. Good to hear.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:40 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by timol
If it were me I’d rather they upgrade the most premium lounge ASAP!!
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:08 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E, IHG Ambassador, Qantas Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite, HH Gold
Would love to know what the alternative will be for those using the Private Room while it is being renovated? Or is it that they build the new Private Room before closing the old one? Will be there in November so reasonably keen to know what the upgrade status is then? Thanks.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 7:47 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by pokfur
If it were me I’d rather they upgrade the most premium lounge ASAP!!
It really needs the renovation badly. Was there again last night and it just looks and feels so worn and the bathrooms are not anywhere near first class.

That combined with the switch to the undrinkable Taittinger Champagne makes it increasingly an embarrassment of a flagship lounge for an airline that calls itself the best in the world.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 7:03 am

Does anyone know if SQ is making progress with lounge renovations these days while the airport is mostly closed, or are these projects on hold due to COVID19 and/or budget cuts?
Old Jun 18, 2020, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by agjil
Does anyone know if SQ is making progress with lounge renovations these days while the airport is mostly closed, or are these projects on hold due to COVID19 and/or budget cuts?
if I am not wrong SQ is still going ahead with renovation. But the renovation have been stopped for at least 2 1/2 months due to the circuit breaker. Right now not sure whether it have resumed as many approval for resuming work are pending.
djsflynn likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 9:51 am

if I am not wrong SQ is still going ahead with renovation. But the renovation have been stopped for at least 2 1/2 months due to the circuit breaker. Right now not sure whether it have resumed as many approval for resuming work are pending.
Thanks, I guess it is still going to happen but will take longer.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by agjil
Thanks, I guess it is still going to happen but will take longer.
SQ blocking of F until Aug/Sept plus rumours that LH is closing its FRA FCT.
Does not bode well for F and its soft products for at least 3 months if lucky...
Old Oct 29, 2021, 2:30 am

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
Does anyone have updates on when the renovations will begin and end for the Private Room?
motef likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 2:08 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by Alisamix
Does anyone have updates on when the renovations will begin and end for the Private Room?
The last I saw was that the new lounges will open by the end of 2021.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 2:11 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by onlySIA
The last I saw was that the new lounges will open by the end of 2021.
Only the SKL Business Lounge is planned to open in late 2021 (and even that may have slipped, I’m told).

The new SKL First and The Private Room are into 2022 now.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:37 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
The new silverkris lounge will be opening soon. If I fly star alliance business class but its departing from Terminal 1, are sky train transfers still allowed at airside from T1 to T3 ?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Lonsinla
The new silverkris lounge will be opening soon. If I fly star alliance business class but its departing from Terminal 1, are sky train transfers still allowed at airside from T1 to T3 ?
I believe you cannot cross the terminal at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.