FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Private Room - Renovation Status? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1998899-private-room-renovation-status.html)

worldclubber Feb 11, 2020 7:34 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g (Post 32054785)
Anyone going to the TPR this month maybe can ask the staff on the renovation status. I think they should know when it will undergo renovation.

They say they have no idea. Sorry.

timol Feb 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g (Post 32054785)
Anyone going to the TPR this month maybe can ask the staff on the renovation status. I think they should know when it will undergo renovation.

in TPR now. I asked a knowledgeable lady about the renovation: „We will do it in phases, starting with business, then first and finally TPR. So relax, not anytime soon“

nevansm Feb 18, 2020 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by timol (Post 32087883)
in TPR now. I asked a knowledgeable lady about the renovation: „We will do it in phases, starting with business, then first and finally TPR. So relax, not anytime soon“

I will be there on Friday and was going to inquire with the staff as well and report back. Good to hear.

pokfur Feb 18, 2020 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by timol (Post 32087883)

If it were me I’d rather they upgrade the most premium lounge ASAP!!

fleet7 Feb 18, 2020 11:08 pm

Would love to know what the alternative will be for those using the Private Room while it is being renovated? Or is it that they build the new Private Room before closing the old one? Will be there in November so reasonably keen to know what the upgrade status is then? Thanks.

worldclubber Feb 19, 2020 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by pokfur (Post 32087909)
If it were me I’d rather they upgrade the most premium lounge ASAP!!

It really needs the renovation badly. Was there again last night and it just looks and feels so worn and the bathrooms are not anywhere near first class.

That combined with the switch to the undrinkable Taittinger Champagne makes it increasingly an embarrassment of a flagship lounge for an airline that calls itself the best in the world.

agjil Jun 18, 2020 7:03 am

Does anyone know if SQ is making progress with lounge renovations these days while the airport is mostly closed, or are these projects on hold due to COVID19 and/or budget cuts?

sbs2716g Jun 18, 2020 7:08 am

Originally Posted by agjil (Post 32466286)
Does anyone know if SQ is making progress with lounge renovations these days while the airport is mostly closed, or are these projects on hold due to COVID19 and/or budget cuts?

if I am not wrong SQ is still going ahead with renovation. But the renovation have been stopped for at least 2 1/2 months due to the circuit breaker. Right now not sure whether it have resumed as many approval for resuming work are pending.

agjil Jun 18, 2020 9:51 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g (Post 32466294)
if I am not wrong SQ is still going ahead with renovation. But the renovation have been stopped for at least 2 1/2 months due to the circuit breaker. Right now not sure whether it have resumed as many approval for resuming work are pending.

Thanks, I guess it is still going to happen but will take longer.

terbangalways Jun 22, 2020 4:58 am

Originally Posted by agjil (Post 32466723)
Thanks, I guess it is still going to happen but will take longer.

SQ blocking of F until Aug/Sept plus rumours that LH is closing its FRA FCT.
Does not bode well for F and its soft products for at least 3 months if lucky...

Alisamix Oct 29, 2021 2:30 am

Does anyone have updates on when the renovations will begin and end for the Private Room?

onlySIA Oct 30, 2021 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Alisamix (Post 33684573)
Does anyone have updates on when the renovations will begin and end for the Private Room?

The last I saw was that the new lounges will open by the end of 2021.

MainlyMiles Oct 30, 2021 2:11 am

Originally Posted by onlySIA (Post 33687185)
The last I saw was that the new lounges will open by the end of 2021.

Only the SKL Business Lounge is planned to open in late 2021 (and even that may have slipped, I’m told).

The new SKL First and The Private Room are into 2022 now.

Lonsinla Nov 17, 2021 1:37 am

The new silverkris lounge will be opening soon. If I fly star alliance business class but its departing from Terminal 1, are sky train transfers still allowed at airside from T1 to T3 ?

jjjohn Nov 17, 2021 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Lonsinla (Post 33735635)
The new silverkris lounge will be opening soon. If I fly star alliance business class but its departing from Terminal 1, are sky train transfers still allowed at airside from T1 to T3 ?

I believe you cannot cross the terminal at the moment.