Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any reviews Sing to Seattle economy?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Any reviews Sing to Seattle economy?

Would love to read a trip report on this new route. Nothing uploaded on YouTube either.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by Triniflyer868
Would love to read a trip report on this new route. Nothing uploaded on YouTube either.
If you search Youtube, I am sure you will find someone who has documented it. Also, there are the usual Youtube folks who vlog about airline travel (although many do not travel in Economy) like nonstopDan, Sam Chui, Wingin' It and Simply Aviation.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I would think that any 12-15 hour SQ route served by the A350 longhaul version would suffice if what you are looking for is passenger experience. It’s economy, it’s not like they’re going to have caviar, Dom and Krug on SEA but not SFO, BCN or AMS.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Nothing on your tube yet and some of us can’t afford to travel business class and the economy routes do differ by menu etc.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Nothing on your tube yet and some of us can’t afford to travel business class and the economy routes do differ by menu etc.
True. Buy but one thing to keep in mind is that SQ 's economy class is absolutely amongst the best in the world!
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

I know which is why I choose different airports to fly out of. I am like all of us avid Singapore fan but only can afford economy. I travel from the usa to south east Asia three to 4 times a year on SQ. In fact next yr I am going to try the ewr to Singapore on PE which is a super big deal for me!!
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I get that, but even if it's generally a good experience in your opinion (which is why you're a fan), there probably aren't reviews because a) new route, b) below daily frequency and c) it's like reviewing Applebee's or Olive Garden, it's not exactly superlative or "bragworthy" like getting a shower at 35,000 feet, the SQ A350s of 2016 vintage are pretty "old news" by now, doubt there's a lot changing there from when this was done in 2017.

It sounds like you're well set up for doing your own trip report, the first Y review for SEA-SIN or v.v....

(I'd read it, I think a good writer could make a review of Olive Garden interesting.)
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:08 pm

You can search for any trip report from SIN to SFO in Y on SQ 32 (9am departure).
The service and menu will be identical, since both flights depart around the same time using the same type of aircraft!
They possibly have the same menu, since they are both outbound from Singapore heading to the US!

Carfield
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Carfield
You can search for any trip report from SIN to SFO in Y on SQ 32 (9am departure).
The service and menu will be identical, since both flights depart around the same time using the same type of aircraft!
They possibly have the same menu, since they are both outbound from Singapore heading to the US!

Carfield

Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
Did the route in late Oct. Was seated at the last row of the first economy cabin onboard 9V-SMW, one of the newest aircraft.

Flight was very comfortable, slept well for around 4hours prior to hitting Japan. Lots of shows to watch on the IFE.

If you're after the timing of the meals:
- 1st main meal - Upon departure from SG (around 10-11am SGT)
- 2nd main meal - When the aircraft was around Japan (around 5pm SGT)
- Snack - 2hrs out from Seattle
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:22 pm

I've flown this route in Y, PE, J.

Economy meals are better ex-SIN than ex-SEA. 3 entree choices for each meal both ways. The second meal on eastbound flight was actually amazing... I had rice noodles and shaomai, but the sauce that came with the rice noodles was amazing.
On both ways, the first meal is served just after takeoff and the second meal served mid-flight. Otherwise they offer light snacks on demand (little mediocre sandwiches/wraps, potato chips, cookie+kreme chocolate bar ex-SEA).
Service not as good as intra-Asia flights, but still okay.
9-abreast A350-900 (3-3-3) with seats that recline pretty good. More comfortable than ANA/UA/AC's 9-abreast 789, but somehow not as comfortable as SIN's 9-abreast 787-10.
Very full flight, ~half are South Asians a lot of whom transit on to India, Sri Lanka, etc, I'd imagine.
I mentioned the seats recline pretty good, which is great... unless you happen to get an FA who decides to spite you for no reason and tells only you to put the seat up during meals yet not do the same to the person in front of you, and wakes you up from the middle of your sleep just to tell you to pull the seat up again for the mid-flight meal but again not do the same to the person in front of you (sorry, I digress... had to get this off my chest).
Their PE is 2-4-2 with extra legroom that is not very usable due to the awkward leg rest position. Plus PE food is same as Y and there're no lavs in PE cabin. So I felt PE was not worth the extra $$.
As mentioned above, SQ IFE is very good.
Most likely departs from T3, where Krisf Gold lounge is unfortunately literally just a second entrance to one of the Priority Pass lounges.
eponymous_coward and lsquare like this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
Hello Triniflyer868! I recently flew SQ in Economy on SQ32/31 SIN-SFO-SIN, which has the same aircraft type (i.e Long haul A350-900) and roughly the same flight schedule as SQ28/27 SIN-SEA-SIN. The experience and service format should be broadly similar. A TR on my experience on these flights can be found here (Link to external SQTalk site).
sbs2716g likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Slightly off-topic, but is there an easy way for me to experience a tpac flight with SQ if coming from YVR? I know I can always get to SEA to do this, but seems a bit of work. I tried searching via Google and see if I can get a ticket with AC and SQ from SEA, but doesn't seem possible. The best that I can find is via LAX, but the price is high for Y so that's not really an option either. Any other ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.