100,000 Singapore miles about to expire

Old Nov 15, 19, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
100,000 Singapore miles about to expire

Hi All - I've been a road warrior for 30+ years and I know how to play this game really well. Except when it comes to Singapore miles! Long story short: I transferred 100,000 AMEX miles over to Singapore more than a year ago thinking that I could easily book UA award trips with these miles, but I'm finding it almost impossible to do so.

I'm looking to fly from my home airport (PWM) on UA for a leisure trip (Mexico/Canada/Domestic) next spring and striking out left and right. The old rules used to be searching for Saver Awards on UA, but those essentially no longer exist. What is the best plan here? What recommendations can you give me?

My miles are set to expire 30 NOV. Thanks for your suggestions!
Old Nov 15, 19, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Have you considered driving (or flying on a paid short haul flight) to a "major" airport (e.g. Boston) serviced by another *A airline; e.g. Air Canada - then looking for award flights to somewhere in Canada - why not Vancouver or Calgary - you might have better luck and a great holiday.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: