best seats A350 in business?

Old Nov 10, 19, 1:33 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 55
best seats A350 in business?

Row 11 is blocked... as there are 2 of us, I chose row 19 in the center. I have seen these seats are preferred due to the wide ottoman.

Anyone with any experience?
bsb7140 is offline  
Old Nov 10, 19, 4:22 pm
  #2  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS 75K; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 43,121
The best seats on the SQ 350 are on another airline.
Kacee is offline  
Old Nov 10, 19, 6:15 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: London / Singapore
Programs: SQ QPPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, EY / O6 Gold, AB Silver, BA Bronze
Posts: 1,978
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
The best seats on the SQ 350 are on another airline.
That is not a helpful response.
Singapore_Air is online now  
Old Nov 10, 19, 6:51 pm
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS 75K; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 43,121
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air View Post
That is not a helpful response.
It expresses my feelings on that seat (and is fully consistent with my subsequent purchase of something like 7 TPACs on CX and BR after trying the SQ seat).

There are already multiple threads on picking a 350 seat.

A350 J Seat Choice

Singapore A350 Business Class seating

And then of course there's this one:

The SQ A350 - shockingly bad J-class seat
Kacee is offline  
Old Nov 11, 19, 7:38 am
  #5  
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Enroute to ? & likely flying in ' A ':)
Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Posts: 2,857
Originally Posted by bsb7140 View Post
Row 11 is blocked... as there are 2 of us, I chose row 19 in the center. I have seen these seats are preferred due to the wide ottoman.

Anyone with any experience?
Usually 11 A / K otherwise 19 A / K ok too . Sometimes better as fewer rows in this section and especially if no babies
Think I have been seated in all 4 at various times on different routes .
Most recently on this AC last week .
Your centre choice is fine

Jet lagging now so hope this is clear / “ coherent “ ..
FlyerEC is offline  
Old Nov 11, 19, 12:58 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 422
Hi bsb7140,

I fly the SQ A350 often. For two seats together, I would recommend 11D/F, then as a second choice, 19D/F, exactly for the extra legroom while sleeping reason. However, if in 19D/F, make sure you ask for earplugs (or bring your own) and wear the eye-mask as the galley is right in front of Row 19 and has kept me awake from the light/noise (albeit minimal).
sl00001 likes this.
maestro1981 is offline  
Old Nov 11, 19, 5:02 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by FlyerEC View Post
Usually 11 A / K otherwise 19 A / K ok too . Sometimes better as fewer rows in this section and especially if no babies
Think I have been seated in all 4 at various times on different routes .
Most recently on this AC last week .
Your centre choice is fine

Jet lagging now so hope this is clear / coherent ..
Originally Posted by maestro1981 View Post
Hi bsb7140,

I fly the SQ A350 often. For two seats together, I would recommend 11D/F, then as a second choice, 19D/F, exactly for the extra legroom while sleeping reason. However, if in 19D/F, make sure you ask for earplugs (or bring your own) and wear the eye-mask as the galley is right in front of Row 19 and has kept me awake from the light/noise (albeit minimal).
Thank you both - made sense!
bsb7140 is offline  
Old Nov 11, 19, 10:11 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 344
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
It expresses my feelings on that seat (and is fully consistent with my subsequent purchase of something like 7 TPACs on CX and BR after trying the SQ seat).
Second that!!!
terbangalways is offline  
Old Nov 12, 19, 5:49 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SIN (LEJ once a year)
Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Posts: 5,091
Originally Posted by maestro1981 View Post
Hi bsb7140,

I fly the SQ A350 often. For two seats together, I would recommend 11D/F, then as a second choice, 19D/F, exactly for the extra legroom while sleeping reason. However, if in 19D/F, make sure you ask for earplugs (or bring your own) and wear the eye-mask as the galley is right in front of Row 19 and has kept me awake from the light/noise (albeit minimal).
+1. We just had 19D&F on SQ323 (from AMS) and while the space was precious, the noise was significant. We had an especially chatty crew with a rather loud talking LSS and even with ear plugs in I could hear her voice and the cling clong sounds of glasses, cups, plates etc. being prepped 6 hours prior to breakfast service .
demue is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: