FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Singapore airlines - issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1990221-singapore-airlines-issues.html)

notsofrequentflyerbutwanttobe Oct 6, 2019 8:45 am

Singapore airlines - issues

So a little bit disappointed with Singapore Airlines 5 star/best airline in the world claim, when their movie selection is terrible compared to other rival airlines. Then I read that if you are a KRISflyer member you can a wider selection, is that correct? How do I find this out?

Again, another issue is the website, it's poor and not easy to navigate. Related to this, I also can't find information about upgrading to Premium Economy. How much is this roughly?

Also what other airlines on the KRISflyer program, so I know which airlines I can accumulate airmiles with?

sbs2716g Oct 6, 2019 10:26 am

Movie selection is terrible? I dun think so. There are way different selection for you to choose from.

The website is a bit buggy. But think it have improved somewhat.

Do u mean upgrade to PE using miles? Check under the “Krisflyer”, under redeem/use miles.
But it is not cheap to upgrade to PE. Not worth it.

You can check under “krisflyer/earn miles” to see which program you can credit to

gpeso8 Oct 6, 2019 10:58 am

Originally Posted by notsofrequentflyerbutwanttobe (Post 31598584)
when their movie selection is terrible compared to other rival airlines.

I respectfully disagree with this.

Mlee888 Oct 6, 2019 11:09 am

Movie selection - SQ IMO is much better than ANA, United, Delta, BA, Lufthansa, Air France, and KLM at least over the past few years. I’ve not been on the ME carriers so can’t compare there.

For me, I’ve always had at least 3-4 options to keep me
company on flights across the Pacific.

Not sure where you read about KF members have more options, you can sync up your choices by logging into your KF account if you have selected from the app beforehand what you wanted to see. What flight are you comparing this on? Some of the older aircraft with the old generation IFE do have less choices mind you.

lokijuh Oct 6, 2019 11:13 am

So a little bit disappointed with Singapore Airlines 5 star/best airline in the world claim, when their movie selection is terrible compared to other rival airlines.

What was lacking in the movie selection for you? My main problem flying frequently is that I run out of options of interest. Just flew them again for first time since time in just under 2 months, and there were about 7-8 movies I was interested in and half a dozen TV shows. The old 777-200 and 777-300's do have limited selections though, compared to any of the newer aircraft.

The movie selection on SQ is a miracle :D - at least by Singapore standards - compared to the rubbish very small number of movies (usually just the Hollywood action films + small number of Chinese and Bollywood films) that make it to cinema in Singapore (the projector aside).

Annalisa12 Oct 6, 2019 2:01 pm

I hate the new business seats

garykung Oct 6, 2019 2:21 pm

So a little bit disappointed with Singapore Airlines 5 star/best airline in the world claim, when their movie selection is terrible compared to other rival airlines. Then I read that if you are a KRISflyer member you can a wider selection, is that correct? How do I find this out?

In defense for SQ, SQ does not claim itself as a 5-star airline. This claim was given to SQ, by a company that has been criticized many time by FTers.

Also - movie selection depends on the season. FWIW - I watched fewer movies in real-life because the movies are not that great.

Last - if KF members can get wider selections, a login or manual override will be required. I seriously doubt it is the case.

Again, another issue is the website, it's poor and not easy to navigate. Related to this, I also can't find information about upgrading to Premium Economy. How much is this roughly?

SQ is not the only airline have bad IT. And it costs more than it should for upgrade.

Also what other airlines on the KRISflyer program, so I know which airlines I can accumulate airmiles with?

The entire Star Alliance, for starter.

IluvSQ Oct 6, 2019 5:23 pm

SQ probably has the best movie selection in the world.
Who is better?

carrotjuice Oct 6, 2019 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ (Post 31599861)
Who is better?

Emirates is comparable.

lokijuh Oct 6, 2019 7:37 pm

Who is better?

Depends on your interests. SQ has a good selection geared to its routes, EK I think has more variety due to the breadth of its network (for example many more Arabic films). There probably are some carriers who have more English language films than SQ but less films overall.

freed0m Oct 6, 2019 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Mlee888 (Post 31598973)
Movie selection - SQ IMO is much better than ANA, United, Delta, BA, Lufthansa, Air France, and KLM at least over the past few years. I’ve not been on the ME carriers so can’t compare there.

For me, I’ve always had at least 3-4 options to keep me
company on flights across the Pacific.

Not sure where you read about KF members have more options, you can sync up your choices by logging into your KF account if you have selected from the app beforehand what you wanted to see. What flight are you comparing this on? Some of the older aircraft with the old generation IFE do have less choices mind you.

Cathay and Japan Airlines also worse than SQ, at least for me. There are only few English titles available...

shuigao Oct 7, 2019 8:12 pm

Who is better?

Emirates and Qatar probably have a wider selection of movies & tv shows. Whether it's a better selection is open for debate. But what's certain is that nobody can really objectively say that SQ's selection is "terrible." :rolleyes:

jinrop Oct 8, 2019 4:22 pm

Who is better?

Emirates IFE is the best in the sky, but SQ is a close second and is FAR from terrible.

lazyboy Oct 8, 2019 5:29 pm

I agree.. the legs are in the narrow pocket....plus one cannot have a meal while seated in "bed" postion... the table, even after adjustments is not high enough... end up skipping meals

SQTraveller Oct 8, 2019 5:42 pm

I am hoping to fly this disappointing airline in December