Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Involuntary Schedule Change = More Miles Debited from Account + Change Fees?

Old Sep 18, 19, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

Last month, I received an email from Singapore Airlines asking me to call to resolve an issue with my reservation due to schedule changes in the flights. I booked this in Feb 2019 prior to the Star Alliance Devaluation. The itinerary is AUS-IAH-PYT-GIG-PTY-IAH-AUS.

The most severe problem was the new connecting time between flights CA 886 (PTY-IAH) and UA 6120 (IAH-AUS).

CA 886 arrives in IAH at 21:30. UA 6120 departes IAH at 21:32.

I cannot connect between those 2 flights with a 2 minute layover.

A very patient Krisflyer agent spent 3 hours working with me to fix this issue last night. After a lot of research, she was able to book UA 799 from IAH to AUS the following morning. When she hung up, we agreed on the following:

* She collected my credit card number for the additional taxes (around 5 SGD).
* There are no fees because these changes were involuntary.
* No additional miles are required these changes are involuntary (destination and dates are the same).

Another Krisflyer agent called the following day asking to collect itinerary change fees, additional taxes and additional miles. None of the changes are voluntary; the original flight times changed and I could not fly the itinerary as is. All I asked is for Singapore Airlines to help me find alternative flights so I could complete my original itinerary.

I have been on the phone a total of 10 times since September 9, 2019, and I cannot get anyone to help me reissue the ticket.

No one is able to tell me why additional miles are required or why they are trying to collect itinerary change fees.

I am running out of patience, and I would really appreciate your help.

SQ hasn't reissued my tickets, but won't tell me why they want additional miles. All I get from the agents is that they've recalculated the total of miles required.

Last edited by coltonatx; Sep 18, 19 at 11:07 pm
Old Sep 18, 19, 11:51 pm

Request to speak with supervisor.
Try to call SG number at SG office time
Old Sep 18, 19, 11:51 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Which number are you dialling? The US number? A recommended trick is to call the Singapore number +65 6789 8188 (use Skype or some other VOIP low cost alternative) during Singapore business hours and press 2 for Mandarin. Most on that line will be based in Singapore and speak both English and Mandarin, and may be able to help.

Otherwise take to to twitbook, oops I mean facebook.

And if all else fails, ask if they can speak to a supervisor to agree to credit additional miles into your account to cover the additional collection of miles required ... and refund the change fee once it is charged. That way you are not out of pocket and they will get over the "Computer says no" problem. Downside is that the supervisor will probably say no....

Search this Thread