Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ J lounge in SIN?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by LadyBell
Can I borrow this thread?

Me and my husband will travel in business class and transfer from SQ25 to NZ283 in about a month. Which lounge do you recomend?
I'm currently *Gold but my calculations say I will be downgraded do *Silver by the end of October. Husband is *Silver.
Doesn’t matter on status. If you are traveling J then use the SKL lounge in T3.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Sorry, but I think arriving at a SilverKris J lounge to be one of the great disappointments of aspirational flying, though I'm well past novice stage. I previously found Terminal 2 preferable to T3 after the renovations, but now it's all one great bus station.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: Alaska
Welcome to Singapore, where lounge is not required.
downinit likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: oneworld Rusty Iron; Starwood Aluminum
Originally Posted by Mlee888
I don’t think you can enter SKL upon arrival unless you have a ticket for departure in J.

I would head to your hotel, if it has a gym you can use the showers there instead.
After further digging, I think you're right; there's no entering SKL without a valid, subsequent departure in J.

That's not a bad idea. We'll probably give that a whirl as I'm pretty sure it has a gym.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Afterall
Sorry, but I think arriving at a SilverKris J lounge to be one of the great disappointments of aspirational flying, though I'm well past novice stage. I previously found Terminal 2 preferable to T3 after the renovations, but now it's all one great bus station.
Apparently you have never been to the Gold Lounge. This was my first experience with an airline that segregates *G and J, and this dump was barely passable by PP standards. I didn't know it was even possible to get such awful Indian food in SG, and 2 of the 3 bottles of alcohol were perpetually empty. From now on, I will just enjoy the food available in the concourse; SIN is definitely not an airport where one needs to stick to the lounge.

I was previously in the real SK J lounge on my last trip (flying J), and I would say the experience was quite far from horrible. So yes, I would say you are a bit spoiled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.