Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help with Krisflyer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2019, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Need help with Krisflyer

If I read correctly on a website called “The Points Guy”, it’s possible to find award flights that we may not find directly on United or other airlines , or even on Chase UR. I want to start doing some research on booking 4 roundtrip tickets (I don’t mind doing a one way now and the return home farther down the road) from DEN to LIH next summer . I know it’s plenty far out but want to start browsing in case the price is right for us . We have 258,000 Chase points to work with as of now . I tried using the Krisflyer miles calculator tool and it doesn’t even show DEN as a possible place to leave from when I type this in the departure box . So how do I go about finding out if redeeming through Krisflyer is an option to consider ? Thanks for any help .
Old Aug 31, 2019, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

United does not release high demand seats to other FFPs.

Chase points are basically equivalent to cash, so I'm a little confused as to why you are having trouble using them.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
United does not release high demand seats to other FFPs.

Chase points are basically equivalent to cash, so I'm a little confused as to why you are having trouble using them.
Not having trouble using them, but I was advised not only on FT in a different thread , but on Trip Advisor that flights on Krisflyer may require less Chase miles when transferring “if” award seats are released to Krisflyer . But it is sounding like that will be highly unlikely as far as United goes ? What about other airlines ?
Old Aug 31, 2019, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by coloradotraveler

Not having trouble using them, but I was advised not only on FT in a different thread , but on Trip Advisor that flights on Krisflyer may require less Chase miles when transferring “if” award seats are released to Krisflyer . But it is sounding like that will be highly unlikely as far as United goes ? What about other airlines ?
Between DEN and LIH, if you use *A miles, UA is the only realistic option.

If you use the Chase points as cash, AS and DL also come into play.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Moondog I read that flights can be available for 35k miles on Krisflyer. Not sure if that’s one way or RT but can you tell me what you about this ? Maybe if they do such flights, none will be available from DEN ?
Old Aug 31, 2019, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by coloradotraveler
Moondog I read that flights can be available for 35k miles on Krisflyer. Not sure if that’s one way or RT but can you tell me what you about this ? Maybe if they do such flights, none will be available from DEN ?
While it's true that UA can release seats to partners, they prefer to sell them for cash whenever possible.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
If you use the Chase points as cash, AS and DL also come into play.
I created a SkyMiles account with Delta just for research purposes . Total miles for 4 RT tickets I clicked for Basic Economy was 204,000 miles plus $44.80. I didn’t check the cash price but would the cost to me be the 204,000 miles , meaning I’d get a $2040 statement credit or would the statement credit me for the cash price total ? Guessing the latter but just double checking. So Chase UR cant be transferred to Delta SkyMiles , correct ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.