Sq11 - lax/nrt/sin

Old Aug 11, 19, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Sq11 - lax/nrt/sin

Have never gone all the way to SIN before, NRT was always the end for me. So this will be my first time.

Do passengers going all the way to SIN need to get off at NRT?
Old Aug 11, 19, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Sandeep1 View Post
Have never gone all the way to SIN before, NRT was always the end for me. So this will be my first time.

Do passengers going all the way to SIN need to get off at NRT?
Yes! Everyone gets off, goes through security and then back to the gate when ready to board.

Simple process and you donít need to walk far to get through security. Follow the signs specific for the flight.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 19, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mlee888 View Post

Yes! Everyone gets off, goes through security and then back to the gate when ready to board.

Simple process and you donít need to walk far to get through security. Follow the signs specific for the flight.
Gotcha, only have 55 minutes to make it. So hope that won't be an issue.
Old Aug 11, 19, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Sandeep1 View Post
Gotcha, only have 55 minutes to make it. So hope that won't be an issue.
Donít worry about the connection time. Itís the same plane in NRT inbound and outbound so even if your inbound is delayed youíll still be fine.
Old Aug 11, 19, 9:11 am

Youíll get at least an hour on Narita normally, even with delay.

As ⬆️ mentioned, itís the same plane and probably half the passengers at least will be continuing onward to Singapore from Narita

I do this trip at least 4x a year. Albeit in J I have enough time every time to grab a shower in the lounge in Narita.
Old Aug 11, 19, 1:08 pm

Narita removed transit security for some flights coming from USA. I know UA and NH are part of that program, not sure SQ is part of it.

For this method: once you land, you have option to go upstairs (normal transit route/immigration) or enter transit area immediately (through the regular departure gate)

Note that there is transit security for everyone else (eg sq/nh flights from Singapore landing in Narita)

maybe a reason to pick nh/ua over sq... Or not

Last edited by paperwastage; Aug 11, 19 at 1:35 pm
Old Aug 11, 19, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
Narita removed transit security for some flights coming from USA. I know UA and NH are part of that program, not sure SQ is part of it.

For this method: once you land, you have option to go upstairs (normal transit route/immigration) or enter transit area immediately (through the regular departure gate)

Note that there is transit security for everyone else (eg sq/nh flights from Singapore landing in Narita)

maybe a reason to pick nh/ua over sq... Or not
Thats a good shoutout. The last time I flew into Narita 3 months ago on SQ11 the security screening was missed and we were directed straight into the gate area. Not sure if SQ12 has same luxury given the additional questioning for pax flying to US are needed.
Old Sep 10, 19, 5:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF gold, HHdiamond
Hi,

i am actually flying soon on SQ12 SIN-LAX, just wondering if there will be enough time to even exit the terminal to breath some fresh air and then walk back to the gate ? Also what do you guys reccomend to do while in transit 1hr @NRT ?
Old Sep 10, 19, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by lacoca View Post
Hi,

i am actually flying soon on SQ12 SIN-LAX, just wondering if there will be enough time to even exit the terminal to breath some fresh air and then walk back to the gate ? Also what do you guys reccomend to do while in transit 1hr @NRT ?

Hi,

The main problem is you would have to enter japan then pass through exit immigration and security to return to the gate. If you have status you could go to one of the lounges in NRT . There is an observation deck in T1 but it is landisde IIRC.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Sep 10, 19 at 7:43 am
Old Sep 10, 19, 7:37 am

Hi,

I would say not enough time to go through immigration. Especially if queues are big. I was on this flight a few weeks back and confirm SQ12 needs to go through security for onward to LAX in NRT. SQ11 on way back skips security and you can stay in gate area.

If you have status, just use the lounge and relax there. Otherwise the terminal is pretty big so you can take a walk around the gates.

My routine is usually this - get off plane and head straight to lounge and try to get a shower. After shower I would usually walk around the terminal to get some Royce Chocolate and Tokyo Banana.
Old Sep 10, 19, 9:07 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
It's been years, Narita used to have private baths you could rent for 5,000 yen for 1 hour.
Old Sep 12, 19, 3:43 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF gold, HHdiamond
cool! ...I guess i will stick to the lounge and some airport shopping as my wife for sure will love that part.. sorry yes *A gold (LH) and travelling in C
Old Sep 13, 19, 5:46 am

cool! ...I guess i will stick to the lounge and some airport shopping as my wife for sure will love that part.. sorry yes *A gold (LH) and travelling in C
The gate is usually around gate 45, the immediate shops in the vicinity are confectionary stores, if you are looking luxury.brands, the walk is a little further away. If you only have an hour it might not be worth it. However Iíve only landed on time or late once in last 4 years.

Usually all flights Iíve taken on this route are 35-45 mins early in Narita

Enjoy the flight
Old Sep 13, 19, 11:33 pm

Hi,

Definitely no...

You will not have enough time.... Don't forget that you have to go through immigration on departure too.

Carfield

Search this Thread