FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Complimentary In-Flight WiFi in F/J, and for PPS Club Members (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1981950-complimentary-flight-wifi-f-j-pps-club-members.html)

chisquared Aug 7, 2019 4:07 am

Complimentary In-Flight WiFi in F/J, and for PPS Club Members

Sounds like SQ responds to feedback after all, even if it takes ages.

Passengers flying in Suites and First can enjoy unlimited complimentary WiFi where available. Passengers who are PPS Club members or are flying in J get 100MB of complimentary data. (Previously, this was 100MB and 30MB respectively, which was worth almost nothing. However, the new offering is currently available only on selected aircraft that are equipped with the newer inflight connectivity system.)

SQ have also updated the pricing of their WiFi to much more reasonable rates (since they dropped time-based pricing):
  • Chat (30MB) for USD 3.99
  • Pro (100MB) for USD 9.99
  • Premium (200MB) for USD 15.99
See their website for details.

LTN Phobia Aug 7, 2019 9:49 am

I noticed yesterday that it was 100 MB (PPS flying J). I would like PPS flying J on F-less routes to get unlimited complimentary wifi though, considering I can't fly F since they don't have F on the route, and as a QPPS it would be nice to get more than a 'normal' J passenger :D

demue Aug 8, 2019 1:52 am

In flight from SIN to DPS in J yesterday they didn't mention anything about it. Totally forgot to check the IFE though I certainly don't mind being disconnected for a few hours.

chisquared Aug 8, 2019 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 31392737)
In flight from SIN to DPS in J yesterday they didn't mention anything about it. Totally forgot to check the IFE though I certainly don't mind being disconnected for a few hours.

Yes, I don't think they're making sure passengers know about the complimentary data. I flew from DPS in J a few months ago as well, and they didn't mention anything about the free 30MB of data I would've had on that flight. Not that I missed the 30MB on such a short flight.

timangus11 Aug 14, 2019 7:40 am

If I am PPS-Solitaire flying in J, I should get 200MB: (100MB twice): once for being in J and once for being PPS-Solitaire. This is logical

demue Aug 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Try inflight and ask. YMMV though there wasn't any mention of logic in the announcement ;).

chisquared Aug 14, 2019 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by timangus11 (Post 31414987)
If I am PPS-Solitaire flying in J, I should get 200MB: (100MB twice): once for being in J and once for being PPS-Solitaire. This is logical

Sadly, logic tends not to fare too well against the Singaporean “cannot”, at least in my experience.

Mlee888 Aug 18, 2019 11:48 am

On board SQ12 right now, was expecting 2 lots of 100MB with this being a double legged flight. When I logged back on during NRT-LAX, allowance started where I left off from SIN-NRT.

In this instance i’ve been given an extra 40MB (on top of 2x30MB) overall instead of expecting 200MB total.

Not that it’s bad still, just putting it out there so you’re aware.

bpk6h Aug 18, 2019 10:21 pm

I was on SQ319 a couple days ago which is the same plane (9V-SWD) currently operating SQ12. Yet, I only received 30MB (I'm TPPS)...I wonder how this new allocation is being rolled out?

sbs2716g Aug 18, 2019 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by bpk6h (Post 31430897)
I was on SQ319 a couple days ago which is the same plane (9V-SWD) currently operating SQ12. Yet, I only received 30MB (I'm TPPS)...I wonder how this new allocation is being rolled out?

only planes with the newer inflight connectivity systems have this new allocation.

Some of the 777-300ER /A380 version 3 plus A350/787.
The other poster was on 9V-SWU I think.

bpk6h Aug 18, 2019 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g (Post 31431023)

only planes with the newer inflight connectivity systems have this new allocation.

Some of the 777-300ER /A380 version 3 plus A350/787.
The other poster was on 9V-SWU I think.

Ok, thanks. That makes more sense. So it sounds as if it's only the Panasonic equipped planes that offer the new allocations. I put this list together which I suppose I could edit to add the info about allocation differences (if this is confirmed):

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sing...leet-type.html

chisquared Aug 19, 2019 2:31 am

Originally Posted by bpk6h (Post 31431035)
Ok, thanks. That makes more sense. So it sounds as if it's only the Panasonic equipped planes that offer the new allocations. I put this list together which I suppose I could edit to add the info about allocation differences (if this is confirmed):

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sing...leet-type.html

MileLion also has a complete list of which aircraft have WiFi, and whether they are equipped with the old system.

bpk6h Aug 19, 2019 4:38 am

Looks to be nearly the same - my list was first though :cool:

Although I don't think the new A380s have the new system...they are still using SITA as the other A380s (I didn't notice anything different the one time I was on a new A380).

razorblade Aug 19, 2019 5:46 am

Originally Posted by bpk6h (Post 31431506)

Although I don't think the new A380s have the new system...they are still using SITA as the other A380s (I didn't notice anything different the one time I was on a new A380).

I was onboard 9V-SKU a few days back. Allowance was 100mb in J.

chisquared Aug 19, 2019 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by bpk6h (Post 31431506)

I suppose. Unless you count the list of aircraft still equipped with the old system. :) Or have I missed part of your list?