Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Complimentary In-Flight WiFi in F/J, and for PPS Club Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary In-Flight WiFi in F/J, and for PPS Club Members

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Admittedly my list was by provider (Panasonic or SITA) as the goal was to highlight which aircraft are Boingo enabled. I think I mistakenly viewed all SITA as the older system which doesn't seem to be the case. Thus, I didn't breakdown the A380 fleet by aircraft registration like I did with the 77W fleet. Milelion lists each registration I simply put SWA-SWT meaning that all registrations in that range are included

It is strange to me though...if it was possible to set a 30MB allocation with the old system, why is it so difficult to change the limit?

Last note from me on this...I hope that SQ eventually upgrades the SITA aircraft to Panasonic. Panasonic is immensely superior to SITA.

For those not clear on the difference...when you are logging into the SITA system the URL will show "portal.onair.inflight.aero" whereas the Panasonic system will show "inflight.pacwisp.net"
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by bpk6h
Admittedly my list was by provider (Panasonic or SITA) as the goal was to highlight which aircraft are Boingo enabled. I think I mistakenly viewed all SITA as the older system which doesn't seem to be the case. Thus, I didn't breakdown the A380 fleet by aircraft registration like I did with the 77W fleet. Milelion lists each registration I simply put SWA-SWT meaning that all registrations in that range are included
Actually, Milelion leaves out SWC, so I suppose SWC has the new system as well. Not sure why SWC was singled out in SWA-SWT.

I also agree with you that the Panasonic system is superior to SITA. IIRC, the Panasonic systems were also the ones that used to offer time-based plans, which I much prefer to the current data-consumption-based ones.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chisquared

Actually, Milelion leaves out SWC, so I suppose SWC has the new system as well. Not sure why SWC was singled out in SWA-SWT.

There is no SWC in the fleet...speculation in various threads that SQ didn't want WC on the nosewheel.

Originally Posted by chisquared
I also agree with you that the Panasonic system is superior to SITA. IIRC, the Panasonic systems were also the ones that used to offer time-based plans, which I much prefer to the current data-consumption-based ones.
Yup! And it also works while flying over India!
chisquared likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by bpk6h
There is no SWC in the fleet...
Huh, I didn't know that! Strange.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:44 am

used it today on SQ21...pretty impressive.....worked everywhere including Russia, India etc...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.