SQ RTW Redemption Award

Old Jul 28, 19, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus
SQ RTW Redemption Award

I am looking for some direction and/or guidance regarding booking a RTW award redemption on SQ using KF points. My intended travel is ORD-- whatever -- DSP and PEK -- whatever -- ORD. My goal is to fly F as much as possible, and SQ would be a new experience for me. I am also partial to LH for their F product. I have no problem with booking a separate positioning flight to a US jump-off points as I could do that with UA MP points

Does anyone have experience/guidance with booking RTW award via SQ KF using KF points. From SQ website I know it requires 360k points/pax, and I think I will be able to get to that level in time (will do with Chase UR points).

1) Is RTW award flight availability the same as availability as if I were booking standard award availability.... which might constrain my options -- Found my answer...yes, RTW is only booked with Saver award availability

2) Where can I find detailed RTW award rules... have not been able to locate them on SQ website... but maybe I am just not as versed in their website detail--- Found what appears to be reliable summary of rules in internet article

3) Any opinion on routing options... I know the total hours devoted to travel time will be about the same, but traveling in westward direction would appear to chew up less calendar days

4) And if some A380 segments are attractive.... do they surcharge for these legs, or even allow them on RTW award

5) PEK-SIN-FRA-ORD is attractive to me (FRA-ORD on LH) but would SQ book that for me on RTW award ticket,,, otherwise it would be PEK-SIN-FRA-JFK, but would that be consider backtracking since I most likely transit SIN on the ORD--whatever--DSP outbound trip -- the same internet article referred to above provided a link to a site that calculates the necessary info to determine if RTW routing targeted qualifies for the segments, stops/layovers, back-tracking elibibility requirements

I am trying to research my options and understand what is allowed, and what probability of getting the desired bookings, as it is a lot of points to transer to KF and then find out I can not get the desired trip.... and worse, probably never use the KF points before they would expire

Thanks for any advice/direction/opinions/knowledge

Last edited by Brostman; Jul 30, 19 at 10:11 pm Reason: Updated info
Old Jul 30, 19, 2:26 am

Programs: Krisflyer
3 - Flying westwards is slower than flying eastwards in terms of hours per flight, because of headwinds.
Old Jul 30, 19, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, AS MVPG
I thought LH F only gets released to partners 14 days out these days...
Old Jul 31, 19, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Unionruler View Post
I thought LH F only gets released to partners 14 days out these days...
I believe that to be true. It was suggested that you should book a partner flight segment at the front end of a RTW itinerary in J with a waitlist for F, since you can't change the itinerary once the first segment commences (return flights would be 18 days out). And the connections work wonderfully if ORD-FRA via LH paired with FRA-SIN-DPS via SQ, but I very likely could end up with LH in J for an overnight segment (not my preference for O/N). The SQ segments in F would extend across daylight into nighttime with a noon arrival (local time) in DPS, so I would get to experience the full range of privileges flying SQ in F
Old Jul 31, 19, 12:16 pm

Take a look here: https://mainlymiles.com/2018/07/01/b...e-world-award/
Old Aug 3, 19, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Troopers View Post
Troopers........thank you for the link. A perfect article for what I need to understand a RTW SQ ticket

Search this Thread