SQ 12 - opportunity for duty free shopping

Old Jul 24, 19, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat.; AA EXP
SQ 12 - opportunity for duty free shopping

Flying to the US this fall and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the layover SQ12 at NRT and whether there was sufficient time to get a bit of cheeky duty free shopping done during the 90 minute layover. Assuming things run on-time, is it possible to pick up a few goodies (Royce chocolates, Tokyo banana, etc) in the terminal? Otherwise, I would rather book the direct and save the ~2 hours of transit time and $20.
Old Jul 24, 19, 2:04 am

Programs: SQ/CX
Originally Posted by dickie98 View Post
Flying to the US this fall and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the layover SQ12 at NRT and whether there was sufficient time to get a bit of cheeky duty free shopping done during the 90 minute layover. Assuming things run on-time, is it possible to pick up a few goodies (Royce chocolates, Tokyo banana, etc) in the terminal? Otherwise, I would rather book the direct and save the ~2 hours of transit time and $20.
If no delays in the security screenings, you should have more than enough time to do so.
Do note that the Japanese snacks have a very short expiry dates, especially those sold at the airport duty free
Old Jul 24, 19, 8:41 am

Yes, especially for thing like Tokyo Banana.

When you get off the plane and go through security, there’s a couple of shops that sell it right by the gate so no issue there.

I do this every time.
Old Jul 29, 19, 8:13 am

If you're worry about not enough time, you could do a pre-order with Fa-So-La (It's their duty free shop).

I did that when i layover in NRT and heading to LA, bought alot of Tokyo Banana back~
You just have to print out your pre-order, go to the cashier queue up and they will go to the back and give you your order.

It worked out for me~ =D

Search this Thread