Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Question about Booking LHR-SIN SQ319 Suites?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Partner and I are thinking of going next March on a Saturday - I saw that there were 2 saver award tickets from LHR to SIN on SQ319.

Questions:
1. We're leaving from BOS and there's a red eye Norwegian flight that departs Friday night, arrives in London on Saturday morning. Is this risky if the flight gets canceled? We both have CSR's and have travel insurance... so in case we couldn't make it to London by Saturday....

2. Do we need to book this ASAP? Is it likely to go soon?

3. I currently have 167 Chase UR and 180k AMEX MR. He only has 117k Chase UR and needs 8k more points.... what's the best way of doing this? (We're not in the same household/not married)

Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:12 am

1). Not so sure about Norwegian airlines but they seem to be canceling flight very often. So maybe you might want to look for other carriers.
SQ won’t have obligations to rebook you if you are unable to reach the airport in time. But then the points can be refunded into your account if you miss your SQ flights. (There might be some fees involved)

2). Yes. Pls book ASAP. Or call up SQ CS n ask them to hold for you while you transfer the points

3). You can book for your partner using your points/miles/account. Add your partner as your redemption nominee. Pls refer to SQ webpage or google for this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:41 am

Are you sure SQ 319 is Suites or is it First Class ?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
SQ 319 is going to be in the new suites in Mar 20 on a 388.

And as others said earlier you can book the awards from your account. You'd need to add him as redemption nominee by logging into your KF account and going to Profile - Redemption Nominees.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jul 22, 2019 at 1:56 am
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Are you sure SQ 319 is Suites or is it First Class ?
it is suites for the winter schedule. Old suites though.

SQ319/321 swapped planes in London during winter schedule. SQ319 will use the A380 from SQ308 instead. SQ321 will use the 777 from SQ318.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Funny thing is... when I checked this morning it was showing 6 suites (so I thought they had refurbished another 388 on this route)... now it's back to 12.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.