Which Star Alliance Program

Old Jul 16, 19, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75, UA Prem Plat, LH Silver
Which Star Alliance Program

I知 not sure where to ask this question, but I知 sure it would be reposted. I知 flying on SQ Business from JFK to FRA. I collect UA and LH miles. I知 UA 75k but only LH Silver. I do not need any UA PQMs because I don稚 have enough spend for 1K on UA. Which program will get me more miles.
Old Jul 16, 19, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nobbi View Post
I’m not sure where to ask this question, but I’m sure it would be reposted. I’m flying on SQ Business from JFK to FRA. I collect UA and LH miles. I’m UA 75k but only LH Silver. I do not need any UA PQMs because I don’t have enough spend for 1K on UA. Which program will get me more miles.
Getting more ff miles is only half the equation.
What you could get, in either ffp, for those ff miles is the other half.
Frequent flyer miles are not equal to earn or burn. And with some ffp's cash surcharges on awards

https://www.awardhacker.com/#f=JFK&t...=0&c=j&s=1&p=1

What do you use the UA LH ff miles for?

Be mindful of expiry Miles/Points that Do and Don't Expire. Click to open the wiki.
LH has 3 year hard expiry, unless status or eligible cc. Use them or loose them

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jul 16, 19 at 8:19 pm
Old Jul 22, 19, 1:11 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Nobbi View Post
I’m not sure where to ask this question, but I’m sure it would be reposted. I’m flying on SQ Business from JFK to FRA. I collect UA and LH miles. I’m UA 75k but only LH Silver. I do not need any UA PQMs because I don’t have enough spend for 1K on UA. Which program will get me more miles.
If your question is where to credit between UA & LH to get most miles the answer is LH.

Where to credit so that you can actually use them for best value and returns is a very difficult question to answer with the information you've provided. Since you're not accumulating miles to get status I'm assuming the next thing you'd be looking at is redemption and generally UA MP generally offers far better value than LH M&S. Who knows what will happen after MP goes into a variable chart model but right now it's MP.

To complicate things for you... depending on your travel class you'll could be earning 100% more miles on LH though.
Old Jul 22, 19, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
The correct answer is 渡one of the above. Alaska credits SQ business better than UA or LH. Not a *A program though.

https://www.wheretocredit.com/singapore-airlines/d

LH miles can expire as mentioned, and AS has interesting partners to redeem on (JL, EK, CX) so IF you are in a position where you could keep an AS account alive with regular earnings, you might consider it. It would be a bad choice if those miles get orphaned though.

Otherwise I would probably just credit to UA , collect your bonus, and be done with it.

Search this Thread