Spontaneous Escapes question

Old Jul 16, 19, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Silver (VA), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Spontaneous Escapes question

Does anyone know what the likely outcome is if someone books a trip eg. MEL-SIN-KUL where MEL-SIN is a Spontaneous Escape discount but SIN-KUL (as one example) is not. Usually Australia-Malaysia/Thailand requires the same points as Australia-Singapore in my experience. I'm guessing none of it gets discounted, rather than all of it
Old Jul 17, 19, 6:25 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Correct. No discount. Discounts only apply if you book the exact route and flights listed in the list.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Jul 19, 19, 1:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
In my experience, I was trying to book PVG-SIN-CGK and with the Spontaneous Escapes discount, it still applies to the PVG-SIN sector but as you mentioned it requires the same points whether PVG-SIN-CGK or PVG-SIN, the discount becomes practically useless.

The only benefit is that it might be worthwhile if you plan to transit in SIN. Normally SQ Krisflyer redemptions do not allow SIN stopovers, but with the Spontaneous Escapes, it means you get a 'free' stopover as booking both PVG-SIN and SIN-CGK separately for me comes down to same miles as PVG-SIN-CGK when the promo applies to the PVG-SIN sector.

Search this Thread