Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350 Regional - Rear Business Cabin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E+, LH Sen, Accor Plat, Base level: AF, AS, DL, Hilton, IHG
A350 Regional - Rear Business Cabin

Hi There,

Sorry for such a self-centred post. I have searched the forum extensively (and online) and haven't found any guidance, so I thought I would ask the collective wisdom of FT.
I am soon to travel with SQ from SIN to ADL - this has the new medium-haul A350 business class cabin. Because of the short flight and given I am straight off the meetings to work, I am wanting to maximise sleep, so am looking for a quiet seat (unfortunately for me, I am a light sleeper). Ideally, one of the 'true' window seats would be good. However there is only 17K and 20K left of these. 17K seems a bit close to the toilets behind, so I am thinking of going for 20A (and gambling on the bassinets in front and behind in Y not having a screaming baby) but wondered if anyone could tell me, is the galley area between the two J cabins used for much service or is it just toilets?

There is also 14K available, but I didn't think that being right next to the aisle would be as good as tucked away by the window.

Any thoughts from those who have traveled on this aircraft would be gratefully received.

Regards

Shuttle
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
I’d say go with row 17. The Business Class galley is only at the front of the aircraft. The toilets in the middle are just toilets; there is no galley there. Furthermore, the toilet doors face towards the rear of the aircraft. You can see in this picture I’ve taken from row 19 (second cabin).

Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E+, LH Sen, Accor Plat, Base level: AF, AS, DL, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by pokfur
I’d say go with row 17. The Business Class galley is only at the front of the aircraft. The toilets in the middle are just toilets; there is no galley there. Furthermore, the toilet doors face towards the rear of the aircraft. You can see in this picture I’ve taken from row 19 (second cabin).
Thank you for the advice and the photo - that is exactly the photo shot I spent hours on google yesterday searching for 😊

Will try for row 17 if still available!

Thanks again
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:31 pm

There is more human traffic in the front cabin and the distance from row 17 to the toilet block is equal to row 20, so in terms of noise pollution from the toilets it should not make much of a difference.

To my feeling the floor of the A350 is quite "wobbly", any move in the alley makes the seat vibrate. I would therfore prefer the smaller rear cabin.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQ325
There is more human traffic in the front cabin and the distance from row 17 to the toilet block is equal to row 20, so in terms of noise pollution from the toilets it should not make much of a difference.

To my feeling the floor of the A350 is quite "wobbly", any move in the alley makes the seat vibrate. I would therfore prefer the smaller rear cabin.
Indeed. Thanks for your view too. I agree that, all in all, things are pretty equal, from the available seats, which is why I was speaking advice, as I haven't travelled on the regional version before. If there is not a toilet galley at the back, I normally go to the rear of a business cabin for this reason (e.g. On NZ 777-300, TK 777-300) although you always have the bassinet risk from the cabin itself and behind in economy. To date the gamble has paid off...

cheers
Shutle
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
More pics of the mini cabin - this was on the short shuttle flight between SIN-KUL last month
As for baby bassinet & toilets, do note that the mini cabin is really "mini" so whatever sounds coming from behind or in front of you, you'll most likely hear it anyway - no matter where you are seated.

Empty mini cabin

Bulkhead window (R side)
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaffir76
More pics of the mini cabin - this was on the short shuttle flight between SIN-KUL last month
As for baby bassinet & toilets, do note that the mini cabin is really "mini" so whatever sounds coming from behind or in front of you, you'll most likely hear it anyway - no matter where you are seated.
Thanks for the additional pics. I guess that I am resigning myself that I am not going to get a great sleep on this leg of the journey - but I am looking forward to the day flight on my return

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.