Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Renovation of KrisFlyer Gold Lounge at Changi Airport Terminal 3

Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold

Dear Mr Chisquared,

As part of Singapore Airlines’ commitment to constantly elevate the customer experience, both in the air and on the ground, we will be investing more than SGD50 million as we upgrade our SilverKris and KrisFlyer Gold Lounges at Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3.

As a KrisFlyer Elite Gold member, you can look forward to a new KrisFlyer Gold lounge with twice the capacity of the former, offering dedicated working spaces, larger al fresco seating and dining areas, as well as restrooms and showers within the lounge.

Renovation works will commence in August 2019 and are expected to be completed by mid-2021. From 31 July 2019, you will be invited to an alternative KrisFlyer Gold Lounge in the same terminal to ensure minimal disruption. We are pleased to share that restrooms and shower facilities will be available in this lounge.

You can also continue to utilise the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge at Changi Airport Terminal 2.

We seek your patience during this time, as we work towards enhancing your travel experiences.

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,

Renee Chong
Manager Loyalty Marketing
Restrooms and showers in the lounge at last!
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
This is a welcome upgrade. Although I can't seem to understand how this will be SGD $50m worth of upgrades? What are they doing, gold plating the furniture? They could probably renovate the entire terminal for that price.

Did someone in marketing accidentally add another 0 to the press release?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Seems like it is a pretty significant renovation, and well overdue.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...WVDU-gImduY4VM
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by davidj1
This is a welcome upgrade. Although I can't seem to understand how this will be SGD $50m worth of upgrades? What are they doing, gold plating the furniture? They could probably renovate the entire terminal for that price.

Did someone in marketing accidentally add another 0 to the press release?
Here's the breakdown:
TPR - $20m
First - $15m
Business - $10m
KF Gold - $5m
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh
Here's the breakdown:
TPR - $20m
First - $15m
Business - $10m
KF Gold - $5m
I assume that is tounge in cheek? Let me play along

More like:

Materials - $1m
Bunglas - $5k
High net worth family contractor (or media release screwup) - $48.95m
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:34 am

Concept pics of SQ's three flagship Changi T3 SilverKris lounges, for those interested...

This would appear to be the new bar at the business class lounge, which is first to go under the knife from August 2019.

This would appear to be the new dining room at The Private Room, which sits further down the works schedule in late 2020.

This would appear to be the new first class lounge, which will follow the rebuild of the business class lounge in early-mid-2020.

No concept images of the new KrisFlyer Gold lounge, parked back of the pack for early 2022., but feel free to grab a colouring book, break out the crayons and have a bash.

Story at https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...-class-lounges
chisquared likes this.

Last edited by djsflynn; Jul 4, 2019 at 9:08 am
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
For those who are travelling between this period of renovation (commencing 31 July 2019), the location of the alternative KrisFlyer Gold lounge has been announced:
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...er-gold-lounge

djsflynn and paperwastage like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:04 am

From the current Changi layout map, that location is/was the marhaba lounge?

It just opened may 2019, owned/operated by dnata (not sure why they need a separate brand. Says that they're rebranding dnata lounges to this now, and the existing t3 dnata lounge is closed

Has showers and is Priority pass accessible... Looks like an improvement from existing *G lounge

https://mainlymiles.com/2019/07/03/r...ore-changi-t3/

I wonder if they are going to keep marhaba lounge as *G replacement for the medium term, and minimize disruption to Silverkris lounge (basically take old *G space and renovate it and make it silverkris business, then renovate old silverkris business to make it silverkris first etc) silverkris footprint would be bigger (existing silverkris space + * g space)

The vacated dnata space could be *g lounge
Edvard and djsflynn like this.

Last edited by paperwastage; Jul 4, 2019 at 9:26 am
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:33 am

Is there a floorplan for the new lounges?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:08 am

​It appears that Singapore Airlines will use the space of the KrisFlyer Gold lounge to accommodate business and first class passengers as those lounges are renovated, with lounge-worthy KrisFlyer Gold passengers being redirtected to a temporary lounge as of July 31, 2019.​​​​​​
From https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...-class-lounges

Think *g passengers are getting the better end of the deal?
djsflynn likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
I have a J flight coming this December. hopefully I'm not in the temporary lounge.
Anyway, this renovation is one long overdue.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Singapore Airlines has confirmed that a dedicated entrance and section of the new Marhaba Lounge at Changi T3 will become the temporary KrisFlyer Gold lounge from the end of July until mid-2021.

Toilets and showers will be shared with other lounge guests.

davidj1 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:41 am

Looks nice.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
"This would appear to be the new dining room at The Private Room, which sits further down the works schedule in late 2020."

Oh, so far down the road huh. Guess I gotta bear with the old TPR for my suites flights for Tokyo next year's sakura season.
onlySIA likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:29 am

Has anyone visited the temporary lounge? Any comments on the catering, space, and food and beverage offering?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.