Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

The world's most OVERRATED airline - Singapore Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The world's most OVERRATED airline - Singapore Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by vsepr
This is REAL experience and not made up. I have experienced it myself!! Just so amazing!! Even SQtalk readers agree!!
The same SQTalk readers who successfully convinced the moderator there to suspend you from posting?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:15 am

Look what is on the cover of Singapore’s Business Class Menu! 😂😂😂

poopbunny likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Lol @ Garuda Premium Arrival luggage service at CGK.

My bag came out 55 mins after the plane landed at 21:58

A family in front of me passing through customs got off SQ968, clearly seen from their checked luggage tags. That flight arrived 22:24.

I cannot buy time, and you can wait if you want at a 'premium' arrival luggage service. I choose quicker baggage claim everytime over a stand that does absolutely nothing other than pick your luggage from the carousel and bring it to you. FWIW, I waited at the carousel since it would take me additional 2-3 mins if I waited at the room.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:49 am

Xxxxxx

Last edited by northsideguy; Sep 16, 2019 at 5:25 pm
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by northsideguy
Look what is on the cover of Singapore’s Business Class Menu! 😂😂😂

Please help the uncultured, savage me. Which one of those is Mother of Pearl spoon?

Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: Accor Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SQ TPPS
Originally Posted by lokijuh
MODS please lock this thread now. PLEASE. Everything that could be said has been said. Said again and again and again and again.
The moderators on FT are unfortunately the kind who enjoy giving fullest effect to freedom of speech (whether intelligible or otherwise) above anything else. Not even when ad hominem attacks are made on the cabin crew would they intervene. Personal observation. Guess that's what it takes to make FlyerTalk great again (and again).
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by tth_ben
The moderators on FT are unfortunately the kind who enjoy giving fullest effect to freedom of speech (whether intelligible or otherwise) above anything else. Not even when ad hominem attacks are made on the cabin crew would they intervene. Personal observation. Guess that's what it takes to make FlyerTalk great again (and again).
To be fair, they do moderate heavily when it strays OT, goes into Omni territory, or starts getting abusive/racist etc. They are also very quick to jump on duplicate threads and close one down. However duplicate posts across multiple threads, and posting the same material over and over again in the same thread (what many of us would call spam) seem to be OK, as long as vaguely on topic.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold
The joke is SQ won World's Best Airline for 19 consecutive years!! The voters must be the same group of people who only have flown on Singapore Airlines and no other airline for 19 years!!

Another joke is SQ won Best First Class!! Long list of items that SQ First Class does not have & still can be best First Class!!

1. The lounges are not fantastic, mediocre at best. Do not even have a sleeping bed, no free Spa and massage.

2. No mother of pearl spoon when serve caviar in First Class. In fact, crew does not know what is a mother of pearl spoon. Caviar only limited to lunch & dinner in First Class, other airlines have it even for supper.

3. No chauffeur to & from airport.

4. No choice of hot or cold towels served on a towel plate like many airlines like ANA, Qatar Airways, Garuda Indonesia, EVA Air.

5. No baggage stand for First & Business Class passengers' baggage at the carousel like Garuda Indonesia & Lufthansa First Class in SIN T2.

6. No arrivals lounge in SIN like Qatar Airways, British Airways, Etihad Airways, ANA.

7. Their A380s do not even have a lounge area, bar, self service area with snacks.

Please call a spade a spade!!
This individual is akin to an inmate on death row, giving it all before his early morning demise, give him some KFC and put this thread to sleep please.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:54 am

Not to worry, life is a learning process. It is the small spoon, second from the bottom with the little black balls, aka caviar.

Originally Posted by hdogan
Please help the uncultured, savage me. Which one of those is Mother of Pearl spoon?

Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by northsideguy
Not to worry, life is a learning process. It is the small spoon, second from the bottom with the little black balls, aka caviar.
Yes, I figured, after a better look. Maybe I should throw a tantrum about SQ false advertising on their menus?!?!
poopbunny likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by hdogan
Yes, I figured, after a better look. Maybe I should throw a tantrum about SQ false advertising on their menus?!?!
You mean false advertising that
- Caviar is missing from Business Class
or that
- mother of Pearl spoon is missing from caviar served @ First Class

LOL
Old Sep 18, 2019, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by poopbunny
You mean false advertising that
- Caviar is missing from Business Class
or that
- mother of Pearl spoon is missing from caviar served @ First Class

LOL
This thread will be locked and closed when there is caviar in Singapore Airlines BUSINESS Class because that will be the time when Singapore Airlines is no longer considered overrated.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 2:05 am

This thread will be locked and closed when there is caviar in Singapore Airlines BUSINESS Class because that will be the time when Singapore Airlines is no longer considered overrated.
I'm sure you'll find something else to make it overrated then.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Accor Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SQ TPPS
Hey Guru, looks like you now decided that Bohtong's blog is your new SQtalk after you got banned eh?

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...72864305713108

Bohtong's blog is not the only SQ ex-crew blog around. You gotta work harder on your Google skills. Otherwise, how to feed you the Kool-Aid every day?
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Fun fact: “overrated” SQ J has superior hard product on midhaul (1500-2500 mile routes) to airlines like CX, NH and LH, and is redoing the fleet such that all their planes will have lie-flat J.

I’d probably be a bit more concerned about having to sit in Euro “J” (blocked middle, 30” Y pitch on a narrow body Airbus) for my connecting 3-5 hour flight from LH or SQ F than whether or not I got a MOP spoon, but I’m sure I could selectively make any airline look bad (even QR) if I had some axe to grind. I must say OP’s axe looks exceedingly sharp and ready for use, though I no doubt expect them to continue grinding.
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.