Wiki Posts
Search

Economy Class drinks question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: JAL ANA
Economy Class drinks question

Will be flying a few medium and long haul segments in Y soon, and as someone who enjoys a few drinks I have a couple of questions;

1 The menues mention "liquers" and "cocktails" but what kind of liquers do they stock, and what kind of cocktails are the staff used to making?

2 I understand that sometimes there is a drinks run before dinner and sometimes not. If it is straight to dinner will they cut your finger off for asking for something that is not on the trolley?

Sorry for the hobo questions but I would be happy if you could give me any insights! For me it makes a lomg flight go faster.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:12 am

Image from SQtalk forum.
Not sure about the cocktails.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
SQ appeared to done some "enhancement" to their Y menu.
Before this change, they've listed all cocktails available onboard and the brand of liquors on the menu, although I personally believe that the liquor brands and types of cocktails should stays the same.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by VAAGE
2 I understand that sometimes there is a drinks run before dinner and sometimes not. If it is straight to dinner will they cut your finger off for asking for something that is not on the trolley?
No issue with that at all — just that it may take a while for the drink to get to you
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies! I seem to remember the old menu including a pretty heavy White Russian. I guess less specific menus means less orders which means savings. As long as the service is good though, I don't complain.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I usually go for a Singapore Sling ... or rather several.

On longer flights when they do a drink run before the meal service they usually have it (and a broad range of drinks ) on the cart. During the meal service the range is more limited and I just ask “.. when you have a moment could I have a Singapore Sling please, but in the meantime can in have a ...”
Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lokijuh
I usually go for a Singapore Sling ... or rather several.

On longer flights when they do a drink run before the meal service they usually have it (and a broad range of drinks ) on the cart. During the meal service the range is more limited and I just ask “.. when you have a moment could I have a Singapore Sling please, but in the meantime can in have a ...”
A real pro!
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: Krisflyer
They used to have Baileys, a cognac, a whisky - blended, not single malt
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
still have Baileys
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
TG had Bombay Sapphire in Y, hopefully SQ may do the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.