Wiki Posts
Search

PER to MLE mixed classes?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: QANTAS FF
PER to MLE mixed classes?

My wife and I are travelling from PER to MLE return in August.
Its my wife’s 50th and as a surprise and to get the flights in our budget I was wanting to stump up for business on the PER to SIN return legs and economy on the SIN to MLE legs. SA currently has a $2500 PER to SIN return special.
It seems SA don’t offer mixed class bookings, is this a definite? I’m not a seasoned international traveller but this seems crazy.
I can book two seperate tickets but of course I run the risk of being stranded in SIN either way and having to get our bags and checkin again....
is there anyway to make this happen?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:22 am

Call SQ office to ask them book.

even if u book separately, as long as the connection time is reasonable, SQ can combined into one PNR if I am not wrong

as for the luggage, even if it is two separate booking on SQ, they can be tagged to final destination.
And usually SQ will help to reaccomodate if the first flight is delay even it is 2 separate SQ booking.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:21 am
Original Poster

I did call and they said bags couldn’t be checked right through. Also stated they couldn’t combine the tickets. Not sure if I believe them.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by cashie
I did call and they said bags couldn’t be checked right through. Also stated they couldn’t combine the tickets. Not sure if I believe them.
call again.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g

call again.
i did, they aren’t interested.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
OP, presumably, you meant SQ instead of SA (=South African Airways).

Tickets /PNRs cannot be ‘combined’ once booked (they can cross reference each other, though), but bags can definitely be checked through. Just show your onward (separate) ticket to the check in staff.

Beware though, that ex-SIN fares tend to be quite high, especially so in business class.

Further, you might be able to price a ticket that is in business one way, and economy the other way - all the way- will take some looking around, but should be doable. Pricing business to/from SIN and Economy SIN-MLE vv will likely involve a fare break- basically fare #1 to SIN and fare#2 for SIn-MLE. This will likely only be allowed on the very highest of fare sub-classes, if you want everything in one ticket.

Also, looking at the AUD2430 base fare for PER-SIN, the fare is valid for issuance by the 17th of June only..there are competitive biz fares on UL (PER-SIN/KUL on QF/MH- but think those are all narrowbodies), and WY (Oman Air, OD to KUL, Oman for KUL-MCT-MLE) And MU..all 2 stop, all likely with some narrowbody segment on an inferior airline. That PER-SIN fare is quite good, I would shoot to couple that with SIN-MLE in coach for ~AUD650 or so..

Last edited by jagmeets; Jun 13, 2019 at 2:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.