Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight options in singaporeair.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Flight options in singaporeair.com

Hi folks, I'm trying to book CJB (Coimbatore, India) to SFO in C, thru singaporeair.com, for mid-July 2019. With a one-way query for CJB to SFO, the options shown by the site are

1) CJB-SIN, 9.5 hour break, SIN-SFO (US $3500 approx)
2) CJB-SIN, 12.5 hour break, SIN-HKG-SFO ($2000)

I want to follow option 2, but split the SIN-HKG-SFO on SQ 2, into two different flights. Leave on an earlier flight (4 options) in the day, from SIN to HKG. And then catch SQ2, HKG-SFO in the night, on the same day.

To get this, I have to do a multi-city query of CJB - HKG and then HKG - SFO. But this shows a higher fare ($2500), even for the itinerary matching option (2) above.

Is there a way to get the SQ site to show all variations of SIN-HKG options, in the first query ?

Are there other sites which provide exhaustive flight options ? Or access to a GDS directly, to price the routing I want ?

BTW, Google flights is showing the price as $1850 for all variations of option 2. Usually very reliable, but very frustrating that the prices for SQ flights (not just this one, but many other queries as well) are not in sync with the SQ website.

I had a similar issue last year, for a multi-city CJB-SIN, SIN-HKG, HKG-SFO query, the SQ site would not show the last flight of the day for SIN-HKG. Even SQ customer service in US could not price it. I had to go to a travel agent in CJB and pay $200 more (TA charges + Credit card 3% fee) to get that specific routing.

TIA !
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
Have you tried OTA? IME some OTAs provide more options at better prices than SQ web site when doing multi city search.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:55 pm

What is the date of your travel ? I saw the higher fare between 11/7 to 19/7 is around 156000 INR (around US$2250).
If u book CJB direct to SFO, there are lite fare available, thus it is cheaper.
If u book via multi city, there is lite fare available for CJB-HKG, but only standard/flexi fare from HKG-SFO. And for multi-city, no mixing of fare types. So all will be under standard fare which is higher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.