Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Because you didn't book on singaporeair.com...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Made a booking with my company TA and tried to go into Manage Booking.

Instead of retrieving my booking, it now shows me a message "Because you did not book on singaporeair.com, we require additional information to retrieve your booking" and proeeds to ask me to fill in names of up to 9 passengers.

And this is a solo booking for myself.

What's going on SQ?! Why does your IT have got to go 2 steps forward, 1 step back always?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: KFEG, OZ *G
You can just click for one person and just proceed. Subsequently u can see the booking in your system
RTWFF and NetJets Germany like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by dunkmycar
You can just click for one person and just proceed. Subsequently u can see the booking in your system
Agreed, it never really crossed my mind to think of it as a major IT error, just a verification step, in that if you had no-one else in your booking, and therefore don't enter other names that is also a verification.
antebellum likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

It's not intuitive, as that screen implies that you need to input additional names before you can proceed.

Also for some reason the whole screen doesn't appear fully when displayed on my PC and mobile browser - hence the "proceed" button wasn't even visible initially, only a list of blank name fields.

Last edited by carrotjuice; Jun 8, 2019 at 6:10 pm
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
I had the same thing for an SQ flight booked via Air New Zealand - solo flyer and it wouldn't let me proceed past that point when using my iPad. However, I tried later from my laptop and it proceeded without problems. It seems the SQ system has a compatability issue with some operating systems?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ottiehund
I had the same thing for an SQ flight booked via Air New Zealand - solo flyer and it wouldn't let me proceed past that point when using my iPad. However, I tried later from my laptop and it proceeded without problems. It seems the SQ system has a compatability issue with some operating systems?
Yes seems they didn't develop and test their website to "automatically adjust" with the real estate of various devices' browsers - of which there are many these days.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I rang to ask about an upgrade cost from J to F and was told I had to go back and ask my travel agent as I booked with them. So annoying.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
When i called in to change my TA booked ticket, they were able to do so but I had to pay a $50 TA admin charge.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: KF*G, Cathay Silver
Change ownership.

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I rang to ask about an upgrade cost from J to F and was told I had to go back and ask my travel agent as I booked with them. So annoying.
As previous poster mentioned; if ur ticket is via a travel agent; we can shift the ownership of the ticket back from TA to SQ via a 50 USD fee. Once done, we can have direct transactions with SQ without our TA anymore. Including paying for up-fares, cash upgrades, changing flights on a flexi ticket, etc.

Perhaps huaca and try another SQ agent?

​​​​​​
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by razorblade
When i called in to change my TA booked ticket, they were able to do so but I had to pay a $50 TA admin charge.
I wasn't even told that.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I wasn't even told that.
Yes, I posted this a while back. It’s not preferred choice for them but if you have status, you can pay an admin fee and the TA can no longer control your flight or make changes for you. They lose all access to that booking so if you need a refund, it won’t be able to be processed by the TA.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
It's not intuitive, as that screen implies that you need to input additional names before you can proceed.

Also for some reason the whole screen doesn't appear fully when displayed on my PC and mobile browser - hence the "proceed" button wasn't even visible initially, only a list of blank name fields.
i agree with this. for some reasons, the designer for SIA website is not a normal internet surfer.... lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.