FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Sq323 ams-sin (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1972511-sq323-ams-sin.html)

RyanL Jun 3, 2019 1:49 pm

Sq323 ams-sin

Considering opting for this flight instead of SQ25 because the timings going to Australia work better. just a few questions

i would be flying in economy, what’s this like on board the A350? The cost to upgrade to PE is huge.
In terms of transiting through, is Schiphol a good option? I arrive there with EI from Dublin.
Lastly for now, when travelling alone, where is good to sit on board the A350?

FN-GM Jun 3, 2019 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by RyanL (Post 31166930)
i would be flying in economy, what’s this like on board the A350? The cost to upgrade to PE is huge.
Lastly for now, when travelling alone, where is good to sit on board the A350?

I recently flew the A350 from Manchester to Singapore then on the A350 into Australia. I flew in 47C on the first leg and then 48A.

47C was a good seat with plenty of room, the seat was comfortable. The tray table was small compared to a standard eats.

48A apart from the leg room it was a lousy seat. It was a bulkhead style seat in a standard row so to get in and out you have to go through the half seat gap in from of it and brush up against the passenger in 47B.

Since 2012 I have always flown SQ J and switched to Y because I was migrating to Australia. Without a job I couldn't justify the cost of J. I was concerned about being spoilt in J and struggling in Y but it was a good flight. I did get to have a sear in PEY but like you the cost alarmed me. J seems better value for PEY.

RyanL Jun 4, 2019 3:48 am

My only concern about sitting near the bulkhead on a long flight would be babies. I know families with young children ar usually placed near there. I’ll be traveling alone so I think an aisle seat may be possibly better.

sbs2716g Jun 4, 2019 5:46 am

If travel alone , can just get the D or G aisle seat. Hopefully no one in the middle seat. Or hope that the other two seats taken by a couple.

lokijuh Jun 4, 2019 9:12 am

Originally Posted by FN-GM (Post 31168113)
48A apart from the leg room it was a lousy seat. It was a bulkhead style seat in a standard row so to get in and out you have to go through the half seat gap in from of it and brush up against the passenger in 47B..

One of the best window seats on the plane. I'm not exactly a small person (6' and carry more weight than I should) but find it OK to get in and out of, provided 47B doesn stick their legs across your path. I'd take it over other seats except 47B/C and H/J (and row 41 probably OK too).

Mint Cake Jun 4, 2019 11:09 am

I'm a big unit that thought 48A was excellant on my recent MAN-IAH trip. If my memory is working properly, the cost to reserve it was reasonable.

RyanL Jun 4, 2019 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Mint Cake (Post 31169856)
I'm a big unit that thought 48A was excellant on my recent MAN-IAH trip. If my memory is working properly, the cost to reserve it was reasonable.

Any issues with crying babies in the nearby bassinet seats?

Mint Cake Jun 4, 2019 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by RyanL (Post 31170070)

Any issues with crying babies in the nearby bassinet seats?

No issues at all, as there were no babies using the bassinet seats.

sl00001 Jun 5, 2019 5:17 am

I will be on 43H (the kids in J &K) tomorrow from SIN-AMS, would have loved a first row seat, but I guess when traveling with kids more sense to have the armrests able to move up.

RyanL Jun 5, 2019 7:40 am

41 to 46 are in the forward zone which I expect is more expensive. I think I’ll move back a little to 4 or 50 around there.