FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Very poor customer care support from Krisflyer / singapore airlines customer care (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1971562-very-poor-customer-care-support-krisflyer-singapore-airlines-customer-care.html)

Sankar May 27, 2019 11:37 pm

Very poor customer care support from Krisflyer / singapore airlines customer care

It has been few months since i posted an enquiry to Singpaore Airlines regarding my Krisflyer account, and i am yet to receive an update from them.
On numerous other occasions, i have called them personally and raised the concerns, forgetting the long wait to connect. Once connected, they would listen and promise to get back. So far, i dont see anyone calling me back. Once, i receive a message saying that someone tried to call me and not able to reach me and so asking me to call them back. I would wonder, how good a follow up service is this? Are we seriously talking about a world class airline service? How do they expect me to sit in front of the phone the whole day or the next for a call from Singapore Airlines? Why dont singapore airlines, directly send the answer to my concern in the message rather than asking me to call back to get the answer? ????

I would like to understand that If Singapore Airlines is not responding back to the feedback provided, then what is next? whom we should escalate the concerns to?

Cat88L3 May 28, 2019 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 31144685)

I would like to understand that If Singapore Airlines is not responding back to the feedback provided, then what is next? whom we should escalate the concerns to?

I had an issue that needed to be resolved. Instead of waiting for SQ customer service to call me back, I was proactive and went to SQ's FB & Twitter pages. They were very responsive and told me to send them an email. Two days later, problem was resolved. I suggest you send them a tweet via Twitter or post a comment on their FB page.

Sankar May 28, 2019 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Cat88L3 (Post 31146145)
I had an issue that needed to be resolved. Instead of waiting for SQ customer service to call me back, I was proactive and went to SQ's FB & Twitter pages. They were very responsive and told me to send them an email. Two days later, problem was resolved. I suggest you send them a tweet via Twitter or post a comment on their FB page.

Dear Cat88L3, thanks for the suggestions. Partially agree, but I hope you did not read my concerns completely. I have contacted them over the phone and have written to them by visiting thier website and filling in the feedback form. Now you are suggesting, go for another channel! Yes, i will do but we are both talking about so called world class service provider. Do they really need a customer to contact them over so many channels before they can understand the severity of my concerns?

Have you ever contacted them over the phone? and honestly tell me how much waiting time you need before it is connected to the relevant customer care officer. Instead of replying back to the customers that they should call them again, why don't SA give me an answer for the concerns raised by me in the SMS reply and advise that i should call them back for clarifications? If i am satisfied with the sms reply, i am happy. If necessary, i will call them again.

I haven't tried FB/Twitter and other social media to contact them. But i guess, every other contact channels will have their own challenges.

steektrader May 28, 2019 8:32 pm

Agree

Waiting for almost 2 months for replies now from SQ.

Cat88L3 May 28, 2019 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 31147851)
Dear Cat88L3, thanks for the suggestions. Partially agree, but I hope you did not read my concerns completely. I have contacted them over the phone and have written to them by visiting thier website and filling in the feedback form. Now you are suggesting, go for another channel! Yes, i will do but we are both talking about so called world class service provider...

Have you ever contacted them over the phone? and honestly tell me how much waiting time you need before it is connected to the relevant customer care officer?

I haven't tried FB/Twitter and other social media to contact them. But i guess, every other contact channels will have their own challenges.

Hey, I'm just giving you options that worked for me. You are obviously very stressed because your matter hasn't been solved. In this day and age, I don't bother with feedback forms or waiting for callbacks. When I want IMMEDIATE customer service results, I reach out to companies via social media. My problem was solved in about 3-4 days when I did that for Singapore Airlines. I even posted a FT post about it. This was about 2 weeks ago.

And to answer your other question, yes I've contacted Singapore Airlines numerous times over the phone about booking inquiries/seating requests. Their customer service was top notch in those instances.

So with all due respect, you really have two options. You can sit around and wait for SQ to contact you while your blood pressure continues to boil or use another method to try to resolve your problem. I hope you have a quick resolution with whichever option you decide.

sbs2716g May 28, 2019 9:16 pm

Just send an email to [email protected]
this is their Facebook account email n they do monitor it.

Sankar May 28, 2019 9:30 pm

Thanks Cat88L3 and sbs2716g. Your suggestions and especially the email id would be very useful. I will update the progress here. Thanks again.

lokijuh May 28, 2019 9:33 pm

Curious, what was the issue to begin with? That may have bearing in ability to respond?

garykung May 28, 2019 11:33 pm

...but we are both talking about so called world class service provider.

You thought SQ was world-class.

As a matter of fact, when SQ's inflight service is world-class, SQ's ground services is so and so. Sometimes, a ULCC may have better ground services than SQ.

ashkale May 31, 2019 4:20 pm

I used the chat function and it wasnt too bad?

Wtravel Jun 2, 2019 8:14 am

I agree service in the air is a lot better than on the ground. As to customer service, I sent an email complaint to them regarding an erroneous fare calculation. After a few weeks I got a message from them asking how satisfied I was with the complaint resolution; the absurd thing was that I actually never heard from them on the actual complaint!?!

SQTraveller Jun 2, 2019 6:44 pm

I have never had these issues with SQ. Yes, they aren't as good as they make themselves out to be, but that is marketing.

While you haven't been clear on the issue you are facing, usually I email them and get my issues resolved within 24 hours.

RTWFF Jun 2, 2019 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by SQTraveller (Post 31164223)
I have never had these issues with SQ. Yes, they aren't as good as they make themselves out to be, but that is marketing.

I'm often asked in surveys whether the merchant/supplier has met my expectations. They don't however ask what my expectations are

LondonElite Jun 2, 2019 9:24 pm

What actually happened?

lifeonthego_k Jun 3, 2019 11:50 pm

This has helped me with complaints I made with 2 other companies (one being an airline). Sending a mail was simply leading nowhere. Writing on their Facebook pages resolved the matter in a few days. So I would highly recommend using social media.