Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Bassinet seats in J now pre-bookable online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold / Oneworld Emerald

The recent change to manage my booking seems to have brought the bassinet seats into play.

When I checked yesterday, I was unable to select row 19 (on the A350) or row 17 on the A380 for the 4 flights in my itinerary. As of the change to Manage my booking, those seats are now wide open and available. Row 11 remains blanked out.

I'm now second guessing myself as to whether to take them, or stick with 14A & 12K on the A350, & 15A & 96K on the A380 (I've read up on all the threads - it's me second guessing myself on whether to bite the bullet and risk getting moved at a later date).
Mint Cake likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Bassinets are showing available for my booking in one month's time on the A350, all four are available in row 19. I'm going to give it a shot.
Old May 25, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
I wouldn’t go with row 19 on the A350. I recently flew it because I needed the bassinet. The galley is just too near and you hear everything going on! Cart doors opening closing. Slamming. Galley chatter...

Here’s a picture of how close it is.

Old May 25, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I had seat 14a on the A380. I switched to 17a so I can avoid sleeping at an angle.

I'm happy that I have a wider footrest, but I've been rethinking since it's very very close to the galley. I'm not sure what to do now. I'm flying from JFK to SIN on the A380.
Old May 25, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Similar situation, got two A359 longhaul flights and could select 19 D&F on both flights now. Never flown A359 Biz (plenty of 77W, A380) and the closeness to the galley looks worse than on the other two a/c.

Also not keen to get moved if bassinet is needed (fair enough of course) or be potentially surrounded by infants so will stick to 12 D&F and hope to have a shot at 11 D&F upon check in.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:20 am

Thank you weebo, I've just managed to snaggle the seats that I really wanted on my ARN-AKL trip at Christmas
weebo15 likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: QF Silver
Do 15DF on the 773 have similar issues to row 19 on the 359? We're currently in 12DF (DXB-SIN) and 17DF (SIN-SYD) and neither of us tall...
Old May 28, 2019, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
The huge improvement on foot space with the SQ seats means this is the one airline where I make the exception and take the front row - regardless of additional noise from the galley or WCs. But then I am very tall. If you were short and can comfortably fit into the little cubby holes you might be better off mid-cabin.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Ms_KH
Do 15DF on the 773 have similar issues to row 19 on the 359? We're currently in 12DF (DXB-SIN) and 17DF (SIN-SYD) and neither of us tall...
I flew this recently too in April. The difference between the 77W and A350, is that the toilets are near the seats on the 77W, while the galley equipment and catering trolleys are near the seats on A350. Both could be annoying in their own ways. One point to note, though, is that 19 DF on the A350 is offset forward from A/K, which means it actually just slightly encroaches into the galley. On row 15 on the 77W, all 4 seats are in a straight line so there's no offset. On A350 it's highly likely you'll hear galley chatter, but for the 77W you won't hear it much. However, the opening/closing and flushing of toilet might be bothersome, although the curtains are helpful. Personally, I think the 77W is better than the A350 but even then you have to be prepared for some disturbance.
Ms_KH likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:07 pm

Wow, thanks much... I just moved our 3 seats to row 19
Old May 28, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
The huge improvement on foot space with the SQ seats means this is the one airline where I make the exception and take the front row - regardless of additional noise from the galley or WCs. But then I am very tall. If you were short and can comfortably fit into the little cubby holes you might be better off mid-cabin.
Thank you for your input! I am tall. I'll keep the bulkhead seat.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by hondaman82
Wow, thanks much... I just moved our 3 seats to row 19
Just don't be disappointed if you get booted last minute. While normally an infant travelling will be known in advance and the bassinet blocked, a colleague of mine just had that happening 2 days ago when a couple with an infant was rebooked from a missed connection to the two center aisle seats. He + his wife got the boot and it was a huge act to get two seats together which ultimately only the crew onboard made happen. All in J.

Last edited by demue; May 28, 2019 at 7:55 pm
Old May 28, 2019, 8:40 pm

Thanks for the tip, we also travel with our 1 year old son, so it’s be really bad if they actually boot us
Mint Cake likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
I've sat in 19A and deliberately selected it -- i don't find the noise to be a bother at all, in comparison to the old A380 row 17. I think the window sets being set further back than the middle 2 seats help a lot.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by hondaman82
Thanks for the tip, we also travel with our 1 year old son, so it’s be really bad if they actually boot us
Of course with an infant no issue, my comment is more for folks eyeing the extra legroom without an infant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.