Search

Transfer in SIN

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold
Transfer in SIN

Hi all
I am flying to Singapore on SQ25 from Frankfurt. However, plans changed and I will have to fly to Osaka right after I touchdown in SIN.

I see a SQ flight leaving for Osaka at 8:30 am. Will the connection be possible if I book it? (Two separate tickets)

I’ve never transferred in SIN before so I’m unsure if two separate tickets will be eligible for using the “transfer facilities” as described on the airport’s website. Any feedback will help, thanks in advance.
Old May 23, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Yes, you can go to the SQ transfer counters and check in for your flight to KIX. They are there for passengers connecting on multiple tickets, among other things. You will arrive and depart from T3, so it should be a very easy process. ~90 minutes should be plenty of time to make the transfer, barring delays.

With that being said, they should be able to give you both BPs and check your bags through to KIX from FRA on separate tickets, so no need to visit the transfer counter at all.

Last edited by Santander; May 23, 2019 at 3:13 pm
Old May 23, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
This should be a non issue if both flights are on SQ. They have always even through checked my bags on other connecting *A airlines on separate tickets.
Old May 24, 2019, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold
Thanks all! Oneworld airlines don’t usually check through, so it’s great to hear SQ will!
Old May 24, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by jinrop
They have always even through checked my bags on other connecting *A airlines on separate tickets.
Worth noting it's not a *A thing. SQ usually will through check bags to non star alliance carriers as well - as long they have an agreement with them (this covers most mainstream carriers, except LCC's).
Old May 24, 2019, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by jeffrey262626
Thanks all! Oneworld airlines don’t usually check through, so it’s great to hear SQ will!
as mentioned, it's airline policy, not alliance policy

different oneworld airlines have different policies, see wiki in this post:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...es-2016-a.html
Old May 24, 2019, 9:43 pm

One World CX check my bags from Hong Kong to Hamburg, transiting at Zurich on *Alliance Swiss Air. I have never recall having any occasion where CX refuses to tagged my bags to the final destination.

(Audio)
Old May 25, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
It's based on airline interlining policy.

For this case, definitely there'll be no issue checking through the bags to KIX and issuing the BPs for both legs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.