Upgrade bid for R fare on ULR

Old May 21, 19, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade bid for R fare on ULR

I know there is a dedicated thread for posting upgrades bids, but this question has been asked several times in there without ever actually being answered AFAIK. Has anyone been able to make a successful bid for J on one of the A350-900 ULR routes (LAX/EWR/etc) with an R fare PE ticket? I know these flights often have numerous empty seats in J (and in PE), but it seems like SQ does not want to give them out as upgrades to anyone (points or cash)? Maybe they are just trying to keep the PAX load balanced?
Old May 22, 19, 10:59 pm

SQ is having problem filling PE. so dun think they would want to allow many upgrade bid for PE to J.
Old May 22, 19, 11:03 pm

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
SQ just sent me a email asking to bid Y-PE for someone who is traveling on the same flight as me, sector SIN-CHC on A350 wonder is it worth it to put a min bid for $2480 for this 1 sector.
Old May 23, 19, 4:24 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by Wongo View Post
SQ just sent me a email asking to bid Y-PE for someone who is traveling on the same flight as me, sector SIN-CHC on A350 wonder is it worth it to put a min bid for $2480 for this 1 sector.
Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
chisquared likes this.
Old May 23, 19, 6:33 pm

Forgot to put it HKD which is about $320 USD 🤣
NetJets Germany likes this.
Old May 24, 19, 8:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
whew! at that price sure.
Old May 24, 19, 9:25 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
That's better!

Any idea what the price difference would be between economy and premium economy if you bought a ticket in PE outright? For a return HKG-SIN-CHC-SIN-HKG, unless you bought a one-way?
Old May 24, 19, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by NetJets Germany View Post
That's better!

Any idea what the price difference would be between economy and premium economy if you bought a ticket in PE outright? For a return HKG-SIN-CHC-SIN-HKG, unless you bought a one-way?
Just trying to pick the value for money which is the overnight sector. Need to do the maths tomorrow at the office. Way too sleepy to try now.
Old May 24, 19, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
SQ is having problem filling PE. so dun think they would want to allow many upgrade bid for PE to J.
That is what I fear to be the case, and I guess the lack of positive responses confirms it. I wonder how much longer they will keep this flight arrangement? I really like having sub $1200 PE fares from LAX to SE Asia, so hopefully they stick it out for at least another year. It is also really useful for getting/maintaining status, since the Y fares have become worthless for earning miles.

I am looking forward to my 18 hours PE experience with ambivalence, but it should be interesting at the least. I will definitely be preparing myself in lounge at LAX, so hopefully I can be passed out for at least a few hours after departure. Compared to 15+ hours in a clamshell Y seat on CX, this should be like a trip to the spa!

Search this Thread