Search

Help buying a multi-stop itinerary

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *Wood Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
Help buying a multi-stop itinerary

I am trying to buy a multi-stop itinerary from BOM-SIN-NRT-LAX-SEA-SIN-BOM

I want my NRT-LAX and LAX-SEA legs to be on the same date (given that the flight goes over the date line, you gain a day)
However singaporeair.com does not allow me to book the legs on the same day, it forces me to select the next day for the LAX-SEA leg. And worse does not give me all the options and forces me to select the morning 6 AM flight. Note that the LAX-SEA leg is on Alaska, SG has a code share with AS.

Any way around this, with the limitations on the website?

p.s. I can book NRT-SEA instead of NRT-LAX-SEA and get the flights I want, but this gives me a significantly higher fare, even though the routing is the same.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Check the flight times. SQ 12 arrives in the afternoon. Is the SQ website offering you AS flights in the evening? I've generally seen those code shares were quite early in the morning. That could be the issue.

I don't think every AS LAX-SEA flight is a SQ codeshare.
Old May 17, 2019, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Check the flight times. SQ 12 arrives in the afternoon. Is the SQ website offering you AS flights in the evening? I've generally seen those code shares were quite early in the morning. That could be the issue.

I don't think every AS LAX-SEA flight is a SQ codeshare.
he can get the afternoon flight if he select NRT-SEA. But it is more expensive.
If he put NRT-LAX n LAX-SEA, then only next day flight available. Maybe SQ consider this as Stopover, thus not offering same day flight.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: *Wood Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by sbs2716g

he can get the afternoon flight if he select NRT-SEA. But it is more expensive.
If he put NRT-LAX n LAX-SEA, then only next day flight available. Maybe SQ consider this as Stopover, thus not offering same day flight.
I think you are right, SQ may be considering it a stopover, but frustrating that some online sites and travel agents are able to book the fare, but SQ does not offer it as an option on their site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.