FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Flight changed from New to Old Suites (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1969038-flight-changed-new-old-suites.html)

atco May 9, 2019 11:09 pm

Flight changed from New to Old Suites

Hello all,

I'm guessing I already know the answer to this but thought I'd ask anyway............
I purchased a pair of tickets for my wife and I to experience Singapore Suites on SQ833 from PVG-SIN later this month (31st). The flight has been scheduled on the A380 with the new F suites that I have been eager to try (Picked route and flight specifically to fly new suites). This was a cash not points booking.
I've just had a notification from ExpertFlyer of an aircraft change and sure enough the cabin config now shows the old suites, which while realising this is a very first world problem has left me quite disappointed. I suspect being this close to departure little to no chance of being swapped back onto a new config?
I booked the flight pretty much to travel in the new suites and the PVG route is already a somewhat diminished First experience with no BTC, no caviar and no PJ's etc.

So the question is, do I have any options or will SQ tell me to pound sand? We are starting our travel day in HKG and positioning to PVG, so perhaps see if SQ will move us to the HKG flight which currently shows as new suites?

eponymous_coward May 10, 2019 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by atco (Post 31085624)
So the question is, do I have any options or will SQ tell me to pound sand? We are starting our travel day in HKG and positioning to PVG, so perhaps see if SQ will move us to the HKG flight which currently shows as new suites?

Are your F tickets totally non-changeable/non-refundable? Why not change/refund them to go HKG-SIN?

atco May 10, 2019 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward (Post 31087894)
Are your F tickets totally non-changeable/non-refundable? Why not change/refund them to go HKG-SIN?

They are fully changeable/refundable. That's probably the best option left although its a much shorter flight and knowing my luck if I change it the PVG flight will get switched back and HKG will get the old suites instead. I seem to have a fair amount of misfortune when it comes to aircraft swaps!

sbs2716g May 10, 2019 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by atco (Post 31088824)
They are fully changeable/refundable. That's probably the best option left although its a much shorter flight and knowing my luck if I change it the PVG flight will get switched back and HKG will get the old suites instead. I seem to have a fair amount of misfortune when it comes to aircraft swaps!

maybe u can change the date ?

Unionruler May 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by atco (Post 31088824)

Ask them to open New Suites saver space for you on the NRT flight instead.

atco May 10, 2019 9:53 pm

Thanks for all the input everyone.

In fairness to Singapore they have been great. They did offer me alternative dates out of Shanghai, but the old suites are operating 4 straight days from the 27th to 31st, so I'm guessing one of the new suite aircraft is out of action for a few days. I couldn't change that dates to what they were offering as we have other flights booked on those dates on our trip.
I did ask about moving to SQ861 on the 31st on HKG-SIN and they made that change for me with just a minor fare difference of a few dollars. I guess I could have asked them to waive that but it wasn't worth the hassle for such a small amount.

So currently happy to be back in the new suites and very excited to try them. Will be first time in SQ First and I can't wait to see what the whole experience is like. Shame its going to be such a short flight and I'll be keeping everything crossed that the new suites hold up. As I mentioned I have absolutely brutal luck when it comes to aircraft swaps. Our upcoming trip has 12 booked flights and of those 12 I've had 4 equipment swaps so far and I've got 2 flights booked with Thai that they haven't swapped (yet!).
Appreciate the advice and help.
Thank you

Actually one more question if I may..........
From what I have read here we will be able to access the Private Room after we arrive, which I am also looking forward to. I know this may sound like a daft question but we have never accessed a lounge on arrival at our final destination before, so if we spend an hour to two in the Private Room what will happen to our bags? Will someone keep them for us until we are done and ready to collect them?

sbs2716g May 11, 2019 12:47 am

Collect from the “left luggage”
See below post from the “private room thread”.
Do not leave the immigration first.
The private room

THR May 11, 2019 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Unionruler (Post 31088904)
Ask them to open New Suites saver space for you on the NRT flight instead.

NRT is not new suites though?

Unionruler May 11, 2019 2:24 am

Originally Posted by THR (Post 31089361)
NRT is not new suites though?

Changing soon.

https://mainlymiles.com/2019/04/08/y...s-from-august/

pokfur May 11, 2019 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Unionruler (Post 31089373)

LOL OP said he's flying later this month...

THR May 11, 2019 6:01 am

Not soon enough, and not guaranteed.

shuigao May 13, 2019 12:57 am

Ooh that's great news: I've got a confirmed Suites redemption for me and the wife on SQ638/SIN-NRT.
It's all the way in March 2020 though, so who knows, might get switched back to old suites before then. Or even switched back to the 787 (or even the 777-300er ...)

moondog May 13, 2019 1:07 am

Flying HKG-SHA this time year is simply asking for trouble, and PVG-SIN honestly isn't much better because it uses the same airway.