Service recovery

Old May 8, 2019, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Service recovery

I recently had the pleasure of flying SQ from Singapore to Manila.

My screen wasn't working when I boarded and the two people on my row had juddering screens - the image would pause after around 10 seconds, the sound would continue for a couple of seconds and then the image would jump to catch up; and repeat....

They reset all our tvs before take off. When that didn't work, they reset the whole row again after take off. And then after that didn't work, did a whole block reset affecting seats in front and behind my row (sorry guys!)

The plane was pretty much full, so they offered me S$75 for my troubles. Sure I didn't get to finish Glass (tv finally stopped working again), but I got some money to use on board the next flight!!
Old May 9, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Just curious which flight number was this? Likely was a super ageing 777 I'm guessing.. Last warning for those birds.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by pokfur
Just curious which flight number was this? Likely was a super ageing 777 I'm guessing.. Last warning for those birds.
More likely the IFE on the retrofitted 77Ws.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQ325
More likely the IFE on the retrofitted 77Ws.
Astute observations - it was a indeed an aged 777 - 9V-SYJ; first flew 25/01/2005
Old May 9, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Wow. SYJ is already refitted with the slightly newer systems found previously on the 77W, i.e same system as A330 and A380. Some other 772s and 773s have the ancient ones from early 00s.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Wow. SYJ is already refitted with the slightly newer systems found previously on the 77W, i.e same system as A330 and A380. Some other 772s and 773s have the ancient ones from early 00s.
It definitely wasn't brilliant but it was certainly better than the BA F IFE that I took in December ... wow that was terrible quality

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.