Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Incorrect flight time display - cause for concern or harmless IT bug?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold

I have a flight reservation for a 2:45 codeshare flight SQ6372 from BNE-VLI that shows as 13:45 on my reservation. The return flight, also a codeshare SQ6373 with Virgin Australia, is 3:00, but it shows as -8 hours for flight time.

The other flights, which are all operated by SQ, all show correctly.

I assume this is some sort of harmless IT bug, but wanted to ask. I don't normally fly SQ, or codeshares ticketed by them. Is this something I should address?
Old May 6, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
The departure time and arrival times indicated in your itinerary both match those showing on Expert Flyer. It seems the coding is not converting the VLI time into UTC for calculation of the flight times, but is converting the BNE times to UTC. (noting 10:15 = 00:15 UTC , whilst 16:50 UTC = 06:50 UTC).
Old May 6, 2019, 2:19 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
It obviously has the incorrect timezone for Vanuatu. I would check the VA website to confirm this by confirming the times for departing (and arriving) BNE are correct.
Old May 6, 2019, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Thank you both. I checked on the VA website and Expert Flyer - the times do line up. I then called SQ and asked, and everything is fine. I guess their IT system just has the wrong timezone for Vanuatu, as you both have described. No worries. Thank you for the piece of mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.